What do you have inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats the best way to amplify my door speakers...i have 2 or 3 way kicker 5x7's...

MPTonyT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
whats the best way to amplify my door speakers...i have 2 or 3 way kicker 5x7's...

You can do this one of two ways. The hard way (but sounds better) run brand new 16AWG wires into each door and run them to the amp.

or

Run a 9 con wire up behind the headunit and hook into the factory wires.

Either way will work and depending on the power and speakers your using you may not see a difference when running your own wires in each door. For instance... I have new wires ran in my super duty but i don't in my wifes expedition. She said it sounded great so i didn't mess with it.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is a 9 con? 9 connector? i may just take it somewhere to get done...so run wire from the speakers to the amp and run the ground, power, remote as usual? or should i upgrade my wiring and run a distro block? should i get a bigger cap? can you draw up a diagram for me?

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is a 9 con? 9 connector? i may just take it somewhere to get done...so run wire from the speakers to the amp and run the ground, power, remote as usual? or should i upgrade my wiring and run a distro block? should i get a bigger cap? can you draw up a diagram for me?

anyone?

EMendoza93

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Run new wire! I had an alpine mr300 in my expy, I put the amp under the center console. I ran brand new 16 gauge wire to the speakers it sounded amazing!

On a side note, I never took pics but I had a king ranch steering wheel in my expy! It was one of my favorite mods, y'all with the 03-06 expy should look into that mod.

In the navigator, the only stuff I have inside is the oem nav and the oem dvd player, also have the oem thx certified speakers.

MPTonyT

Full Access Members
Reaction score

newspeedwire1.jpg

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Run new wire! I had an alpine mr300 in my expy, I put the amp under the center console. I ran brand new 16 gauge wire to the speakers it sounded amazing!

On a side note, I never took pics but I had a king ranch steering wheel in my expy! It was one of my favorite mods, y'all with the 03-06 expy should look into that mod.

In the navigator, the only stuff I have inside is the oem nav and the oem dvd player, also have the oem thx certified speakers.

Imma look into this!

Sent from space using taptalk

6klub

Reaction score
Panasonic Strada CN-NVD905U
Panasonic CY-EM100U Expansion Module
Panasonic CY-BT100U Bluetooth hands-free kit
Panasonic CA-DC300U Interface for iPod
Some BS Backup Camers

KENWOOD KC-7201 Amp - (K.I.A)
(2) Eclipse SW4200 12" Subs (recently pulled from the truck)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition