What do you stand on to work "over the fender?"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What do you guys use to work over the fender? I am 6'3" and to get to anything on top of the motor, I park my pickup in front and kneel on the tailgate.

I also have a floor jack with a 20" saddle height and it can't lift any tire off the ground without a block of wood.

timberwoof

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" and usually climb up in the engine bay. Either that I have a 3 foot stool I stand on. Damn that reminds me I have to go get that back from my buddy.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
I climb up the front of the truck, park my butt on top of the radiator, slide my feet down between the motor and the radiator and sit there to work on the motor. Granted, this can only be done if you have done the e-fan mod. Leaves plenty of room to slide your feet there. Makes for pulling the heads off of the truck really easy too since you lean forward just a little bit and they are right there for you to grab and remove. Grabbing them from the side isn't practical since I set a lot higher than most Expy's with my lift and 37" tires.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I have a tire step that hooks over the tire and has adjustable height. I picked it up from Matco years ago when I was in the garage business.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I have 2' step stool but then my expy is not quite as high as some in here.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nothing. can reach most of engine. long arms come with being tall.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats why you're tallsville. also it might help having 29" tires! BURN! hahaha

i use the big front bumper and/or a step ladder.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
panda im now running 285/70/17 AT so i now have 33" tires.