What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had to park mine at the furthest spot and the last level under rooftop. I'm happy to be able to park in the garage like this avoid the brutal heat in LA, and less car wash. I only wash it once the past two months. [emoji1787]

Last time I went to Walmart a ********* swing his door out like there's no car next to him, luckily it was a 45° parking so he slightly missed my front driver front bumper by just a hair. I was mad and moved my car further out.
f38c21f75e1f197717bc8e7c73872c72.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I typically park far away from everyone but there are those rare times this is just not possible, the airport being one of those. We would hire a ride if it wasn’t for the kids and car seats and all that goes along with traveling with toddlers. I looked at every single corner parking spot and they were all taken.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used to take corner spots until I saw my coworkers car get a bumper taken off by someone who cut the corner too short. Smh didn’t even leave a note
No where is really safe. I wish these things had some version of the Tesla sentinel mode. Even if I didn’t get a plate ID I could at least get a visual so I would have an image of the perp to direct my anger at.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No where is really safe. I wish these things had some version of the Tesla sentinel mode. Even if I didn’t get a plate ID I could at least get a visual so I would have an image of the perp to direct my anger at.

My favorite is in the winter when the hill billy pickups with huge lift kits park on top of the snow mountains in the parking lots :) Probably no door dings for them!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score

The dashcam-record-on-impact/vibration?

Some of the Chinese dashcam-backupcam sets ($80ish) and 360 cam kits (more, but also more coverage) do that

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My favorite is in the winter when the hill billy pickups with huge lift kits park on top of the snow mountains in the parking lots :) Probably no door dings for them!
Fortunately, we don’t get any real snow like that.... we just have to park next to the hill billies and their bro-doziers. Thankfully, they are very respectful of other vehicles, it’s the kids and inconsiderate types you have to look out for.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The dashcam-record-on-impact/vibration?

Some of the Chinese dashcam-backupcam sets ($80ish) and 360 cam kits (more, but also more coverage) do that
I’m researching cams now, I’ll take a look at the Chinesium stuff maybe. When it comes to electronics I don’t mind ponying up the cash for quality but it doesn’t hurt to look.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m researching cams now, I’ll take a look at the Chinesium stuff maybe. When it comes to electronics I don’t mind ponying up the cash for quality but it doesn’t hurt to look.

The main problem will be that most of the simpler ones (front and back views) are dashcam-in-a-mirror stuff, which might put you off if you like your existing mirror.... as to the 4-camera 360s, they're kinda overcomlicated

Then again, if you get a 360 with standalone display for security-only purposes and DON'T use it for parking, you don't need to bother with calibrating perfect stitching, and could mount the display somewhere out of the way, and 4 cameras pointed in different directions wherever convenient... or possibly not use a mounted display at all, if you find a model that has an outboard CPU box with the SD card slot in it.

In that case, just hook up a display to examine footage or check that it's still running, then unplug put away the display