What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For anyone that has used these head rests, they are great for my kids, but the expy has a bit of an issue. I have literally been using these for years, but just found out a couple weeks ago that the headrest design on the 2nd row is a pain in the but. I found out that the headrests were completely loose and would have flown off in an accident but I came up with a pretty simple solution. As you can tell in the pics, the expy has only one adjustment notch on the headrests, which is completely dumb. So I made a second one. My kids love the retractable headrests, they fall asleep in them all the time. Wish they didn't rattle as bad as they do though.

Attachments

• PXL_20240607_203653219.jpg
    PXL_20240607_203653219.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20240607_203844132.jpg
    PXL_20240607_203844132.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20240607_204447196.jpg
    PXL_20240607_204447196.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 8

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For anyone that has used these head rests, they are great for my kids, but the expy has a bit of an issue. I have literally been using these for years, but just found out a couple weeks ago that the headrest design on the 2nd row is a pain in the but. I found out that the headrests were completely loose and would have flown off in an accident but I came up with a pretty simple solution. As you can tell in the pics, the expy has only one adjustment notch on the headrests, which is completely dumb. So I made a second one. My kids love the retractable headrests, they fall asleep in them all the time. Wish they didn't rattle as bad as they do though.
Can you elaborate a little on how you put the extra notches in?

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What model do you have, as my 2019 Expy Plat 2nd row headrests have multiple notches and are solid.

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice solution!