What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The rear and steering wheel ones are too small for my 2019 Expedition. Very disappointed with them. Front was fine, but I have a couple small creases that I could not avoid. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to know. You heat them up?

I will contact them before I order, if I do for the 2020. They worked good on the 17, but had to apply some heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score

Craigga542

Reaction score
Oh it’s on internet so it’s gotta be true. Knew there was some body on here that believes that garbage. I’ll take my 0.001mpg loss to not have that ugly piece of plastic Up front. Plus it’s an SUV, obviously nobody here purchased these to get great mpgs.

I said it was likely unnoticeable. It’s not garbage, it’s a fact and science. Laws of aerodynamics, basic features for ya. Thrust, drag lift. Aesthetics are sometimes greater than efficiency. I sure didn’t buy mine because of the MPG’s, and I’ll likely remove my valence in the future.

My point was to answer the question, it was engineered for a reason and that is downforce and drag. I doubt anyone here cares about the .1 or less mpg, but it’s a fact. Not looking for an argument over that minuscule amount or aesthetics

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aren't you afraid someone will drive into those cameras? I've only driven around in Nola once and a woman in a Honda Civic dozed off and plowed into the rear end of our SuperDuty at a red light.
We were testing a new arm that connects the stabilized head to the vehicle. Had to get some covid tests for work so made a trip out of it. Not something we do regularly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh it’s on internet so it’s gotta be true. Knew there was some body on here that believes that garbage. I’ll take my 0.001mpg loss to not have that ugly piece of plastic Up front. Plus it’s an SUV, obviously nobody here purchased these to get great mpgs.
Around town it's clearly not going to do anything because windage isn't a factor. Spend 5hrs on a road trip it will add up. Like you said, not earth shattering but over the life of the vehicle especially considering how many are sold even if only .1% (I think it's a lot more than that) is quite a lot.

Now, most people won't care and some might prefer the lower look. Lucky for you, it's legal to modify it so no harm no foul. No need to get worked up of it. I happen to agree and will be removing mine as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Craigga542

Reaction score

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, a bit cheaper and more available, a bit more cutting edge but not nearly as reliable. Pretty sure some of the newer models of Arri are only available for rent. Kind of like Ferrari vs McLaren...

Did you go mirrorless? That new canon glass is pretty but speeendy. One of my favorite things about Sony is how easy it is to transfer the images to my phone for editing on Snapseed. If you like photo editing at all Snapseed is a must. Also Free!

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good to know. You heat them up?

I will contact them before I order, if I do for the 2020. They worked good on the 17, but had to apply some heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, I used a heat gun on low and took my time applying it.

I mean, I know they are there but unless you get real close, you won’t even know they are there. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk