What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Looking good ,how did you bring the wires to the roof? And did I miss a post about the rear roof bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@utmeep
Holy moly is that a 40in BD on the rear?? Don't mistakingly leave that sucker on... Hahaha. Also curious how you ran your wires. I still can't decide where I want to mount my vhf antenna and that is an option. What radio did you go with?

How much water does the shower hold? How do you vent it? Pull the top? I'm curious how it works out for you, be sure and let us know how you like it!

utmeep

Reaction score
@Fozzy @AKentPhoto I ran the wires down the gap between the body and the liftgate, down the taillight, along the frame to the front, and through the driver side wire harness grommet.

I'm running a midland mxt400 as my base station and a baofeng bf-f8hp as a backup. Most of my trail buddies use GMRS.

The tank is a little under 8.5' long and holds a little under 6 gallons. There's a schrader valve on the cap that I can press to release pressure, also used to pressurize.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@MATT0404
Looking forward to your review of the awning! If there is any way you could get headroom measurements at the base and at the edge of the awning that would be killer. I'm a lanky sob so I'm curious if I'll need custom brackets to raise it.

How's the tune? Everything we hope and dream?:flamingdevil:

OP
OP
MATT0404

MATT0404

Reaction score
Nice, I have been really happy with my OVS awning. Especially for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a quality awning, for sure. Biggest benefit is that it sets up so quickly compared to my Foxwing. Biggest gripe is that I can no longer open the rear hatch fully with the awning extended. I'll see if I can adjust it to fix that this weekend.

Can you take a couple pictures of how you mounted the awning?
Sure. I'll post some today.

@MATT0404
Looking forward to your review of the awning! If there is any way you could get headroom measurements at the base and at the edge of the awning that would be killer. I'm a lanky sob so I'm curious if I'll need custom brackets to raise it.

How's the tune? Everything we hope and dream?:flamingdevil:
Yep, I can do that today. The tune is great! Drives like a totally different truck and more than offsets the power sap from the big tires.