What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed 4 speakers, 1 in each door today. Still using the stock tweeters and center speaker for now. My Expy non-b&o has stock tweeters in the back doors & stock tweeters in the front A pillar. Sounds a lot better but now it’s the stock equalizer that’s limiting the sound. I did use Forscan to disable the factory equalizer limiter too.
Yes, the factory speakers are rated 25 watts RMS

B410F525-A9CF-45B9-88FE-58F4EE0CFCEE.png

5D542EC3-2F01-497A-9DBF-C4E05B9530C4.png

FE5A1F84-B0B4-4FC8-A7E8-4E6C4D1CF903.jpeg

D6561BF5-DDDE-4BB5-913F-DB58DF6373EB.jpeg

D587EE5C-9C8F-4C63-A819-E7D8EEC3DBAD.png

Last edited:

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@MATT0404
Thanks! My salesman didn't tell me I had to order crossbars. Crazy that is an option for what these things go for. Insanity really...

So I got a set of Thule equivalent of what you have...

Curious if you considered which side to go with? I see most people go with it on the driver's side but I'm thinking I might go with passenger. Is there something I'm missing about keeping it on the driver's side? It is definitely the most popular.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Readylift 3/2 complete! Like a newb, I bought my wheels/tires before doing the lift, so my tires are stock 32" size at 275/65/18. Once I wear these out, I guess i'll start looking at 33s or 34s.

View attachment 37548
Well you are just going to rock the lifted look for a year... Definitely makes the lift more noticeable, which is also a plus. I'd say 34s or 35s... The raptor tires are a nice schmedium. Pretty sure they are 34.2 or 34.4...

It also gives you time to trim the steps and apply the Matt Mod ie zipties to the rear liners.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@MATT0404
Thanks! My salesman didn't tell me I had to order crossbars. Crazy that is an option for what these things go for. Insanity really...

So I got a set of Thule equivalent of what you have...

Curious if you considered which side to go with? I see most people go with it on the driver's side but I'm thinking I might go with passenger. Is there something I'm missing about keeping it on the driver's side? It is definitely the most popular.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

True overlanders usually put it to the passenger side. When they pull off the road or trail it doesn’t stick out into traffic. I put mine on the drivers side because at the boat ramp you can’t pull of the road or ramp. Drivers side is the only usable option. At the dunes I can park to make it work either side. But if I have the RV as well they both can be facing the same direction and we can put both awnings out to make one big patch of shade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk