What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thought you would be a RED kind of guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha, if you are in the industry that's not necessarily a complement. [emoji38] But in all seriousness they do make some killer gear. We are a camera support company so we adapt to anything they want to use. The FX9 (used here) is basically a mini Venice (their $90k cinema camera) and the A7SIII is basically a pocket Venice. 120fps in 4k @10bit 4.2.2 internally and in RAW on an external recorder for under $5k in an mirrorless body with in body stabilization is absolutely insane and game changing. Sony is killing it right now on prosumer video gear.

Sorry to nerd out.... The A7sIII has got us camera nerds buzzing and I just watched the launch video/review for it.

Last edited:

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aren't you afraid someone will drive into those cameras? I've only driven around in Nola once and a woman in a Honda Civic dozed off and plowed into the rear end of our SuperDuty at a red light.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Craigga542

Reaction score
Haha, if you are in the industry that's not necessarily a complement. [emoji38] But in all seriousness they do make some killer gear. We are a camera support company so we adapt to anything they want to use. The FX9 (used here) is basically a mini Venice (their $90k cinema camera) and the A7SIII is basically a pocket Venice. 120fps in 4k @10bit 4.2.2 internally and in RAW on an external recorder for under $5k in an mirrorless body with in body stabilization is absolutely insane and game changing. Sony is killing it right now on prosumer video gear.

Sorry to nerd out.... The A7sIII has got us camera nerds buzzing and I just watched the launch video/review for it.

My wife shoots with the a7riv. I’m more excited to see what the a9iii is going to bring to the table, but appears we have different uses for the camera. Sony is killing it overall, IMO.

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
Do you notice any difference in ride or mpg? Been thinking about this for a bit.
It’s a piece of plastic, it’s not going to affect ride quality or mpg and anyone who tells you it will is an idiot. I took mine off and only thing I noticed is the trucks looks wayyyy better from the front now

Craigga542

Reaction score
It’s a piece of plastic, it’s not going to affect ride quality or mpg and anyone who tells you it will is an idiot. I took mine off and only thing I noticed is the trucks looks wayyyy better from the front now

Actually, it does affect MPG albeit likely unnoticeable. The air dam or valence affects downforce and coefficient of drag, therefore affecting efficiency or HP required to move the vehicle. Simple research will show that. You can easily find images of air flow, pressure and efficiency of aerodynamics on vehicles for a visual reference.