What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diverdown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sucks. My wheels are black so any scratches will be crazy obvious. Knowing there are good wheel repair places is comforting though. Nothing a few hundred bucks can’t fix.

Have you heard of any decent black wheel touch up paint/markers that can do the trick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaptorEx

Reaction score
hello folks, just joined and waiting on delivery of a 2020 Expedition Fx4. I have a question for the the motor heads here. What does Lincoln do to get an extra 75hp out of basically the same engine? Is it just tuned differently?

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hello folks, just joined and waiting on delivery of a 2020 Expedition Fx4. I have a question for the the motor heads here. What does Lincoln do to get an extra 75hp out of basically the same engine? Is it just tuned differently?

It’s the Raptor motor.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A Few things are different, and MANY misconceptions.

Turbo’s in a standard 2020 Expy and Navigator are the same size. Turbine in the Navigator is made of a different material, to better withstand added heat stress.

Pistons are different, and the HO(Raptor/Navi) actually run lower compression to help with Cylinder pressure.

Those small physical changes allow the Tuning to be more aggressive.

Regular 2020’s should be beasts with a proper tune.

Mine needs to get over 1000 miles and we will see what she is capable of. Stock on Dragy I got 6.4 sec 0-60 with Sport engaged, and Traction control off. Not bad at all for a Limited, Heavy Tow EL 4x4 with 22’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RaptorEx

Reaction score

Turbo’s in a standard 2020 Expy and Navigator are the same size. Turbine in the Navigator is made of a different material, to better withstand added heat stress.

Pistons are different, and the HO(Raptor/Navi) actually run lower compression to help with Cylinder pressure.

Mine needs to get over 1000 miles and we will see what she is capable of. Stock on Dragy I got 6.4 sec 0-60 with Sport engaged, and Traction control off. Not bad at all for a Limited, Heavy Tow EL 4x4 with 22’s.

Thanks for the info. I plan on using the experiences of people here to help plan and execute my build.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I have the 400 HP Platinum. I am guessing this is just a small tune. Do you know in your tuner world if you need a specific tune or just rewrite the standard 375 Tune on top of it?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have the 400 HP Platinum. I am guessing this is just a small tune. Do you know in your tuner world if you need a specific tune or just rewrite the standard 375 Tune on top of it?

Correct the Platinum’s just a bump in tune. The tunes that work on a Non-HO motor will work on yours. You just won’t see as much bump.

Diverdown

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I agree that’s impressive