What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks @Fozzy I will definitely check that out. Have a few things to get through first, like a rack, but that is quite a nice setup...

I got to say...
In a time where separate glass opening rear hatches are becoming harder and harder to find. I am really glad we get to keep ours. Having access to inside the rear of the vehicle when there is a trailer or bike rack in the hitch is such a luxury these days.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks @Fozzy I will definitely check that out. Have a few things to get through first, like a rack, but that is quite a nice setup...

I got to say...
In a time where separate glass opening rear hatches are becoming harder and harder to find. I am really glad we get to keep ours. Having access to inside the rear of the vehicle when there is a trailer or bike rack in the hitch is such a luxury these days.

Or when you want to put a couple leashes on your dogs because sometimes they just don't feel like listening to you telling them to wait! It was a deal breaker for us !

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got to go camping... Finally. We have the rest of our summer booked. Hoping things don’t shut down until at least the end of August.

Here, we are at the Chincoteague Island KOA in Virginia. We will also be spending time at Assateague State Park in Maryland and in Delaware we will go to Cape Henlopen State Park and Delaware Seashore State Park.

May also do some weekend jaunts to Gettysburg, PA or Greenbriar State Park in Maryland once school is in session.

1eab4e28cb79de57f1112327e470a101.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MATT0404

MATT0404

Reaction score
Very nice, the RV5 and RX5 get great reviews. I like that system better than a roof top. I went with the OVS free standing 180 degree. It’s a cheap import but very well made and affordable. My wife thought the awning was dumb until we started issuing it. Dunes, lake and even in our driveway she want to have it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We use our awning all the time, as well. Yes, even in our driveway for drinks with neighbors! I have to say that OVS system looks really great. I like the that it's mostly self-supporting and the support poles are integrated into the awning supports. I'm going to do some more reading on it.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Fox wing... Have always liked the idea better than the straight out but have yet to see one in person. I imagine it's more of a pain to setup but worth it to have shade around back as well? Have any pics of it setup with the tent? I have had a RTT but with a growing family it will probably have to be retired til the kiddo is old enough to sleep on his own up there.
The Foxwing is a really nice awning. I like having the 270 degrees which provides shade on the side and back of the vehicle. It goes up and down in 5 minutes or so. Having said that, I'm going to read up on the OVS awning Fozzy is using. Looks like it's even easier to use.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
installed the 36" Rough Country curved (black edition) light bar....and re-wrapped the Rear door pillar....the chrome window trim is also wrapped.

If ever you get a chance, it'd be intriguing to see what kind of difference it would make in lighting up a stretch of highway in pitch black! A regular headlights vs with light bar, like my snowblower comparison
20190217_185327.jpg 20190217_185252.jpg

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
More camping. :)

Currently at the Delaware Seashore State Park at the Indian River Inlet. Maybe 200 yards from the Atlantic Ocean.

Enjoying it while we still can...

91c1160f8d68054b72c71b023aa548e5.jpg

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
More camping. :)

Currently at the Delaware Seashore State Park at the Indian River Inlet. Maybe 200 yards from the Atlantic Ocean.

Enjoying it while we still can...

Used to have a place in South Bethany...kinda miss it but I know its built up a lot more!