what kind of body mount is this (2016 Navigator)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XR4Ti

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 2016 Navigator Reserve and I'm trying to track down a leak. The fluid is thin and slippery, almost like coolant. It leaks off the truck at the bolt head on the body mount. But I haven't found a source beyond the mount yet ie. everything above the lowest part of the mount looks dry. It is the mount just about in line with the front door hinges, passenger side.

So looking at the lower mount, it's not your typical rubber isolator like the rest of the mounts on the vehicle. If I were to guess (and a poor one at that), I'd say it's some sort of liquid filled mount. The service manual shows no such thing and no part numbers match up to anything that looks like below. So what am I dealing with here? Could it really be a fluid-filled mount of some sort?

I don't rule out that it could be a coolant leak snaking or blowing its way there, but would like to gain some insight into what I'm actually looking at and whether I can rule it out as a fluid leak source.

Any help much appreciated. Pics below:
20220913_122635.jpg
20220913_122705.jpg20220913_122648.jpg20220913_213948.jpg

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you smell coolant in your AC vents ? It could be you heater core leaking, and it finds an exit that trails down that body mount bolt. Look at your heater hoses next to the firewall as well. No, the mounts are not liquid filled, they're just rubber.

OP
OP
X

XR4Ti

Reaction score
Thanks. That did cross my mind -- last night I checked the psgr carpet and all seemed dry but I will dig into it more.