What locations can I mount a light bar???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D 2001

Reaction score
I have a 2008 XLT and I have a 32” light bar that I want to mount to the grill or bumper. Is the grill strong enough? The three places I thought about mounting was on the face of the grill, on the face of the bumper or cutting out the bottom hole of the bumper.... the light bar I have is too tall for behind the grill. what should I do (without buying more accessories?). What location is strong enough?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Depends on the weight, and whether or not your local enforcement regime means it has to be somewhat less than glaringly obvious

Police and firefighters mount 2 smaller pods, probably like 6" - 8", directly to SSV grilles (on the inside)...but the old pods may well be heavier. Also, a long bar has its own rigidity, and may actually reinforce stuff

Worst case, a nobrand grille can be had for like $70 new...replacing it is a bit of a pain in the azz though

OP
OP
Big D 2001

Big D 2001

Reaction score
I went with a cheap light bar. I drive long distances every other week and through open ranges with no traffic. The cows/horses and deer on the road can be very difficult to see. These lights are bright and effective. Used them last night and they were great. Can’t beat less than 55 dollars for 32” 36,000 lumens!

LED Light Bar AUTOSAVER88 32Inch... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072PTVLZ4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

MICTUNING LED Light Bar Wiring Harness 40Amp Relay Laser Green On-Off Rocker Switch (Fog Lights) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S82LK3I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_amSqCbAAHEFTK

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like it fits perfectly. What kind of light bar is it? Driving lights, flashing red/blue, yellow? If driving lights, how much further does it shine than the high beams?

For long & high, if you don't use em much for classic purposes toss some 10,000 - 15,000 lumen LEDs in the fog housings... lights up reflective signs half a mile away or more, and makes people and animals and stuff visible on unlit sidewalks shoulders etc beyond a projector system's cutoff

Otoh, with halogen reflectors, you want sealed LED projector assemblies for your fogs, they can be more powerful than HIDs even cause they sit lower so a reasonable cutoff has much further throw (since it isn't pointed down much).... round F150 units fit, $50-70 offbrand, $200-300 major brands