What the heck is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Kulseth

Reaction score
2010 Lincoln Navigator. I had to take my front seat out to replace a seat heater fan and remove marbles from the HVAC plumbing. Damn kids haha. Anyways I found these two wires under the center counsel? They were disconnected. No idea what they're for. Looks like they're missing a connector that would join them.

Only thought would be maybe this is why my front parking sensors are on the fritz. I've tried everything as has the dealer.

Thoughts???

IMG_2171.jpg

Kevin08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks aftermarket. Especially if it’s coming up through the shift cable grommet. The trans tunnel is just way to much heat to run wiring through.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eddie Bauer’s, Limiteds, King Ranch, and Navigators all came with a woofer in the back though. Guess it could have been an aftermarket deal.

fuzzmanmatt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those are definitely SMA connectors for GPS or satellite radio. Was this a fleet vehicle before you got it? That would explain it. Or a sketch buy here pay here dealer, I've seen immobilizers use stuff like that.

Dewey3

Reaction score
+1 on those reporting antenna and GPS connectors since they both are SMA connectors. Like others, my thought is aftermarket radio equipment, such as, HAM or scanner equipment using one connector for the radio antenna and one connector for the GPS.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look on the roof for something that doesn't belong there (antenna). Two coax cables with SMA is usually a cellular modem. My Expedition has a total of 5 coax cables 2-cell, 2 wifi and 1 GPS.