What to look for when buying a gen3 expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
post dealer fixes to your ride
lets get this going

wiffmajig

Reaction score
I have only had one or two real issues.

The power seat track seems to be missing teeth. it jumps and skips when you move it.

We had it looked at once and they replaced the tracks..In less than a month the problem was back. We do not move the seat often so it is not due to excessive use.

The 2nd issue was a feeling that the engine was missing under hard acceleration while passing another vehicle. It never kicked a code and the dealer could not find anything.

bigblack

Reaction score
I too get that missing sensation when under load. Dealer claims everything is ok cause no codes, but I've driven others that don't do it.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its funny I thought about your post and remembered when we first got the truck and it was cold it did this. I would gun it and it would hesistate, almost felt like my old mustang did when I had to change the plugs but not that bad.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I too get that missing sensation when under load. Dealer claims everything is ok cause no codes, but I've driven others that don't do it.

Sorry, late to the party...missing sensation here also. Pulled the MAF sensor out of the K&N intake tube and sprayed it down with CRC Mass Air Flow sensor cleaner. Hesitation gone and full power when kicked down. Must have been some residual oil from my filter burned onto the sensor. $7 fix and a 10 min job!

07Limited

Reaction score
I only bought my 07 about 5 months ago. Already replaced a fan blower motor, and one of my windows now won't go up anymore as of last week. I've also got the hesitation on hard acceleration. Got something to look at on that now though. Thanks for the info on that one Dib52.

wiley84

Reaction score
I had the missing in my 07 that we just bought a month ago. Wound up replacing three coil packs and changing the spark plugs. seems to be running fine now. If you are around 80,000 miles or more you should get the spark plugs changed. becareful if you do it your self, the plugs ten to break off because of the carbon build up on them. hope it helps you