What's up with this sync thing on my '14?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you confusing updating the Sync ii software with the navigation maps. I recently updated my Sync software from the Ford website. You have to download it onto a USB thumb drive and update it that way. I think the error message you are getting is for the Sync software. Call a Ford dealer and ask if they charge for the update. I didn't see much difference in the software, it now has the ability to reboot the system, so you may not even need the update.

The navigation is a separate update. Back in December I ordered the 4 CD discs from Ford for 150 and updated the navigation maps.
Thanks, I could care less about the navigation. I wanted to update my sync 1 to see if it gets any better. I can't even download the update off of Ford's site. The link is bad and ford told me to go to a dealership. Took 2-3 days of back and forth with customer service before they told me the bad link is a known issue. I gotta say, Ford's online customer service is pretty bad.

Reaction score
Thanks, I could care less about the navigation. I wanted to update my sync 1 to see if it gets any better. I can't even download the update off of Ford's site. The link is bad and ford told me to go to a dealership. Took 2-3 days of back and forth with customer service before they told me the bad link is a known issue. I gotta say, Ford's online customer service is pretty bad.

I updated the SYNC in my 2010 Limited and it made it worse. Stuck on Line In every time you restart the truck. Have to go change to Bluetooth to listen to music on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dadamaja

Reaction score
I updated the SYNC in my 2010 Limited and it made it worse. Stuck on Line In every time you restart the truck. Have to go change to Bluetooth to listen to music on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sometimes this happens on my 13 limited its getting on my nerves, sometimes the radio cant read the usb sometimes its starts right up, they put some bad software in this radio, not in a rush but im looking to replace this in the future but i want a custom 8 or 9 in monitor
with all the factory controls

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep. It was the only way to get Bluetooth audio to work at all with anything newer than iPhone 5S for me though.

Bonus: Ford says this is a feature, to keep the audio from blowing your brains out if you leave it up too loud.