Wheel Choice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
285/60/20 ...it's posted...which is a 33.46" diameter and 3/8" wider than stock

Ok thanks. What do you mean by "on your 16"? Did you have a different 16 inch wheel before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yamfanboi827

Reaction score
View attachment 21050

20X9 6-135/139 ET30 XD Bomb ... not the greatest pic. I would price out the tires at the same time as your decision on wheel size. I had a '14 Explorer Sport and went with 18" winter wheels/tires vs 20" (factory) and saved good money as the pricing for the same tire on different wheels can sometimes be significant. How dirty they appear depends on where you are driving them. In PA there are almost no dirt roads... brake dust will dirty your rims before anything else... When visiting family in MI, I'm on dirt roads all the time.. so Sand, mud, are much more prevalent...however the car gets dirty before the rims.

I also have a minivan with more matte black wheels... and those can get dirty...but much less compared to any chrome or polished chrome, much less. We've had white vehicles with tinted windows and have found black wheels complimented them more-so than the chrome or polished aluminum... but that's just our taste... get compliments on the mini-van all the time (which is not what you'd expect driving a minivan)... I had to buy rims for the snow tires so thought it would pop with black...and they do.

What size are the tires? I'm curious, because i'm trying to get after a similar look, and I'd like to be able to swap wheels first, and keep the tires that I have. I'd imagine these are much less expensive than replacing with OE wheels. My truck is very similarly set up. 2010 Expy EL LTD in white.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65