Wheel/tire opinions and advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spooky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, my plan is to get the 3/2 leveling kit to add 33" tires. I've pretty much decided on the Eagle 063 wheels. What I need to decide now is do I want 17" or 18" wheels. I'm leaning towards the 17's because of the abundance of choices in tires for 285/70R17, specifically for the Firestone Destination AT's. I have those tires now and they're great.

Is there any advantage for either the 17" or 18" wheels?

Is there any advantage to bigger sidewalls or tire sizes?

Eagle 063
Eagle063.jpg

Firestone Destination AT's
Firestone_destination_at_tire_l.jpg

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the rim. I would go with an 18 though. As far as the tire I think the nitro terra grappler looks more aggressive. That's mmy set up.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My buddy has the Firestone Destination on his truck and he really likes them. If you want a little more aggressive tire I would go with the Terra Grappler or the Falken Rockymountain or Wild Peak. Tires.com has a $60 rebate on the WildPeak which are great tires. Go with the 315/70/17, that is what I am doing for my next tires.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...c=18417&counter=2&ar=70&rd=17&sw=false&cs=315

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I love my tetras. I had them on my truck and now on the expy. They look soo aggressive yet so quiet.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know its not what your looking for...but i'm running sunny tires...

OP
OP
Spooky

Spooky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What kind of MPG decrease have you guys with 33's-35's noticed?

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with my 33's it was maybe a 1mpg difference, if you have a 4x4 you could fit a 35 according to truxx.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go 18" or bigger that's what I did :flamingdevil: with 18" rims you can get a big brake kit to fit. As for tires go big, I hear Terra's are good but I love my Pro Comp X AT :pepper::pepper::pepper:

OP
OP
Spooky

Spooky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go 18" or bigger that's what I did :flamingdevil: with 18" rims you can get a big brake kit to fit. As for tires go big, I hear Terra's are good but I love my Pro Comp X AT :pepper::pepper::pepper:

Who make the brake kit? Any part #'s?

I'm trying to keep the tires around 33" just to be semi-practical.