Wheels on 1st gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been looking around to get some wheels for the Expy. There is currently the 16's on there and looking online at Tire rack it seems that there is a good amount of choices in the 18" range. A few questions...

Would you need to have a body lift to use 18's with a decent size tire, and if so...
What size tires would be good for that wheel on a non lifted Expy.

Remember I am new to all this so go easy-LOL

vaguirrebica

Reaction score
what kind of look do u want?i had 17's on 265/70/17's mud terrains ..went with american eagle allow 16/8 with 265/75/16's m/t's i have 2000 expy 4x4 with 2'' spacers @ rear oh btw i hate 20'' rims..looks to geto for me..lol

Last edited:

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would probably go with some 18x9's and throw them on some 285/65/18 all-terrain or mud tires.

Those tires are guaranteed to fit because I was running that set up on stock suspension.

If you want to twist your torsion bars up all the way and throw in some coil spacers in the back then you can also fit 33/12.50/18's without any trouble also.