Where is the best deal on Ford OEM extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2018 Expy warranty runs out later this year. I want to purchase an extended warranty. The one that Ford sells, not a second party warranty. Any recommendations where I should go? Thanks!

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ziegler Ford online.

Flood Ford online.

Lombard Ford online.

Any of those will be 50% cheaper than whatever your dealer will sell you. At least. And yes, they’re the same Ford, factory-backed thing you would buy from your dealership. And yes, you can use them at any Ford dealership. Those three dealerships (there may be more, those are just the ones I know) have simply decided that volume is better than margin, so they sell at not much above what Ford charges but sell a LOT of these policies via the interwebs.

If you’re not comfortable buying from them (I think there’s an inspection before the policy is active), get a free quote from any of them and take it into your local dealer..which SHOULD match it, or get really close.

(Unless you’re in Florida, apparently, because they don’t allow you to buy warranties online. )

Last edited:

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought one from Lombard Ford 2 years ago for my 2012 Expedition after the original one ran out. No problems and a payment plan as well

zoey2015

Reaction score
This topic has been discussed extensively. Search this forum using "extended warranty"
I Bought the 8 years, 100K miles plus lighting coverages with $50 deductible for $1845 from Floodford. There is no difference in trims or option packages. No mileage or mechanical verification for me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Astro

Reaction score
Ziegler Ford online.

Flood Ford online.

Lombardy Ford online.

Any of those will be 50% cheaper than whatever your dealer will sell you. At least. And yes, they’re the same Ford, factory-backed thing you would buy from your dealership. And yes, you can use them at any Ford dealership. Those three dealerships (there may be more, those are just the ones I know) have simply decided that volume is better than margin, so they sell at not much above what Ford charges but sell a LOT of these policies via the interwebs.

If you’re not comfortable buying from them (I think there’s an inspection before the policy is active), get a free quote from any of them and take it into your local dealer..which SHOULD match it, or get really close.

(Unless you’re in Florida, apparently, because they don’t allow you to buy warranties online. )
Thank you for posting this. Flood was the winner for me and saved me a ton. I like how you can find the prices online without having to call or go into the dealership. Very simple process.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JUST REMEMBER ALL of the offerings from Flood Ford and those online companies DELETE all the good coverage options. They delete the light coverage, they delete the rental car coverage, and a few other things that most dealers include. If you sit down with your local dealer, they can delete these options as well and offer you a stripped-down warranty for much less than they offer it up front. My dealer showed me all the differences after he called his Rep to find out HOW Flood and such were selling them for so cheap. Not saying its bad, but be aware that there's a bunch of coverage deleted....

My dealer cut me slack on a full optioned warranty and it was barely more than Flood, so I bought it from them

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JUST REMEMBER ALL of the offerings from Flood Ford and those online companies DELETE all the good coverage options. They delete the light coverage, they delete the rental car coverage, and a few other things that most dealers include. If you sit down with your local dealer, they can delete these options as well and offer you a stripped-down warranty for much less than they offer it up front. My dealer showed me all the differences after he called his Rep to find out HOW Flood and such were selling them for so cheap. Not saying its bad, but be aware that there's a bunch of coverage deleted....

My dealer cut me slack on a full optioned warranty and it was barely more than Flood, so I bought it from them

Your dealer is a lot better at his job than mine was.

Mine offered me the full warranty with all the bells and whistles for like $3800. I said: ”I can buy it online with Flood for $1500”. He said: ”what if I charge you $1550?”. I said: ”sure”.

The end.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your dealer is a lot better at his job than mine was.

Mine offered me the full warranty with all the bells and whistles for like $3800. I said: ”I can buy it online with Flood for $1500”. He said: ”what if I charge you $1550?”. I said: ”sure”.

The end.
Same except I did 6 yr 125,000 gold loaded for $1300. Same deal my guy said fine matched it.

zoey2015

Reaction score
It really pays to shop around for sure. I called 6 dealers and the best offer was $3000 for the same coverage for what I bought from Flood Ford for $1845.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It really pays to shop around for sure. I called 6 dealers and the best offer was $3000 for the same coverage for what I bought from Flood Ford for $1845.

Did you realize that FLOOD deleted all the add on coverages? My dealer wasn't a lot more than Flood once I added on all the premium coverage that Flood deletes from their coverage. I think my dealer was 500 more or something, because the add ons pushed Floods up a lot more than what they advertise if you want that additional coverage.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01