Where to Pull Source Audio for Line Out Converter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stuiedaman

Reaction score
I added a jl audio amp and a pair of subs to my 2003 Expy. I have an Eddie Bauer with a sub and six disc CD changer from the factory. I bought a line-out Converter to use the amp with the stock system. I remove the stock amp/sub and tried hooking the line in wires for the RCA Converter to the wires on the harness going into the stock amp. No sound. So I pulled from the left rear speaker. I got sound sound but my subs were so awfully quiet, gain turned all the way up as well as the volume on the converter. So I put the stock amp back in the pulled from the harness running from the sstock amp to stock sub and that did the trick with the volume. Only issue is that somewhere in the stock system, I'm not sure where, the sound is filtered for low frequencies, so the sound going into the RCA converter is only bass. I'm wanting a full spectrum going in so I have control on my amp to filter what I want out, as well as be able to amplify my rear speakers using my amp. Where does everyone else pull from the get a good volume?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i pulled mine from the rear sub when i did mine...pop the rear panel on the top...sub is right there and u tap in to the wires going into the amp...hook up rcas and ur done

OP
OP
S

stuiedaman

Reaction score
i pulled mine from the rear sub when i did mine...pop the rear panel on the top...sub is right there and u tap in to the wires going into the amp...hook up rcas and ur done

What color wires did you use?

OP
OP
S

stuiedaman

Reaction score
So I guess my main issue is me wanting to get full audio to go into my amp. I found this diagram online. What's up with that subwoofer high audio mute wire? Is that what sends the signal to the amp to cancel out the high notes? If I cut that, will the full audio spectrum be going out the other end of the amp?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used a multi-meter and tapped in the wires going into amp for +/- signals and tied in...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ran rcas from my big amp to the converter and wired up subs to amp...and then there was BASS!!!