Which Fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ediddily

Reaction score
Hey whomever, recently my AC stopped producing cold air, I'm thinking it might be the fuse because I don't hear the compressor turn on, and the motor doesn't bog down when turned on. Does anyone know where the fuse for the AC and what amps is on a 07 XLT? I found 2 locations for fuses, passenger side inside cabin and in front of the motor.
Also, when the coils are in are they supposed to be tight or loose against the spark plug?

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Invest in a cheap test light to check fuses and power in circuits. Everyone shouldn't leave home without one....
Usual problem when the compressor clutch doesn't engage is from a blown clutch or low pressure in system which causes an open in the circuit.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Hey whomever, recently my AC stopped producing cold air, I'm thinking it might be the fuse because I don't hear the compressor turn on, and the motor doesn't bog down when turned on. Does anyone know where the fuse for the AC and what amps is on a 07 XLT? I found 2 locations for fuses, passenger side inside cabin and in front of the motor.
Also, when the coils are in are they supposed to be tight or loose against the spark plug?

Your owners manual should list the locations and description of all your fuses. I would assume the cops are similar to the earlier expys. If that is the case the boot from the cop to the spark plug has a long spring in it that makes the electrical contact between the two. So it will be kinda loose and its not rigidly attach to the sparkplug.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would assume you have some leak and are low on refrigerant.

robbieg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While it is possible that it's a fuse it's much more likely that you are low on r-134a and the low pressure cut off switch is not allowing the compressor to engage.

OP
OP
E

ediddily

Reaction score
Well thanks for all the replies and possible conclusions, but I don't have a manual, and the link sent by toms89 doesn't work since I don't have a log-in for that site. I also just changed out all my coils with the Accel brand and so far so good. Also after changed out my coils, my AC started working again. It might by magically connected by the shorting out of the dead coil, who knows. But I still don't know exactly which fuse it is. Cabin or Front Engine location with a Amp rating with a row and column location would be great. Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kapios