Which Tune? MPT vs Livernois vs 5 Star vs Unleashed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Customer service is huge, glad you found someone willing to work with you.
Absolutely on the customer service being huge. Good customer service is becoming a thing of the past more and more. To me there is nothing worse then calling a company and wasting time with recorded prompts and voicemails and not being able to talk to a human, or a human that speaks English legibly. When you do finally speak to a human and they act rude and don’t really value your business, then I’m done with them. I’m not kissing anyone’s ass to give them my $$$$.

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s true though I just called them. Max you can run on a gen 1 6 speed is only e30. They were gonna send me a straight e85 tune and were completely ok with that. The fuel system on my gen 1 is even worse than that if a gen 2!! They just don’t care!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It’s true though I just called them. Max you can run on a gen 1 6 speed is only e30. They were gonna send me a straight e85 tune and were completely ok with that. The fuel system on my gen 1 is even worse than that if a gen 2!! They just don’t care!

Man you REALLY don't get it.

There is a BIG difference in running E85 turned back and running it full tilt.

Let's take the 2020 for example. It has the 3.5 HO in tank Pump, because the Navi has the 3.5 HO Motor, and Ford didn't want a different pump between the versions of the same platform. I can run E50 at Full tilt. That will be the most power tune with all stock components. I can also run E85 turned back(Less Demand=Less Boost). It will get more power than a 93 tune, less power than a E50 tune, but no mixing. If I want to run E85 at full tilt, I would need to upgrade the Port Fuel injectors or the HPFP.

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fuel system components are not meant to be exposed to 85% ethanol. The diaphragms and rubber components will become dried out more quickly and will be at risk for quicker failure. Ethanol can quickly gunk up the fuel lines and injectors over time and then you’re running into some major issues. They can turn it back all they want but the system itself and the materials it’s made from can’t support Straight e85 For long periods of time. Let it sit for 2-3 days while you’re out of town a few times and you’ll understand what I’m talking about. I understand you’re an expert at ALL THINGS EVER CREATED so take this how you will.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fuel system components are not meant to be exposed to 85% ethanol. The diaphragms and rubber components will become dried out more quickly and will be at risk for quicker failure. Ethanol can quickly gunk up the fuel lines and injectors over time and then you’re running into some major issues. They can turn it back all they want but the system itself and the materials it’s made from can’t support Straight e85 For long periods of time. Let it sit for 2-3 days while you’re out of town a few times and you’ll understand what I’m talking about. I understand you’re an expert at ALL THINGS EVER CREATED so take this how you will.

HAHAHAHA That right there is funny. I do have a degree in Chemistry, do you?

No modern fuel system is going to have issues with higher levels of Ethanol. The rubber is a different formulation than it was 30 years ago. Heck some of the 5.4 powered 3rd Gens are FlexFuel certified. They are actually tuned from the factory to get more power when running E85(FlexFuel). Why would you think an even newer Expedition likes yours or mine can't handle it?

My ST routinely sits for several days, as does our Expedition depending on which vehicle we travel with or when I was working from Home most of the week. NEVER had an issue starting them. I ran E50 or above in my 16 Edge Sport for a year straight. E70 for 8 months of that.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t know Jake personally so I won’t comment on him, but I did spend some time chatting with Adam at ZFG. He’s a really decent guy working three jobs and tuning is just one of them. His other two are utilizing his degree in mechanical engineering creating fire suppression systems as well as being a part time firefighter. The guy is no slouch and seems to have a strong ethic. Completely the opposite of the vibe I felt from the guys at MPT. I’ve learnt in life to trust my gut and it’s served me well. At the end of the day, Adam knows what I want and is going to provide that. The guys at MPT flat out stated that they literally never do data logging on any of their customers’ trucks. I thought that was a red flag. Adam wants to data log immediately and that’s what I want him to do. Anyway, this dynamic is why I’m never on this forum. To Loki and the other helpful guys on this thread, thanks for the pointers. Truck is in my friends shop getting goodies this week. Hopefully I’ll have a more fun truck in another week or two.
75e7b58070f745b719a9154422ca5288.jpgf7b7b15ca086c8eda7a8d32a85f26525.jpg48a3995599c51121fa83fcbfb38ffd58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t know Jake personally so I won’t comment on him, but I did spend some time chatting with Adam at ZFG. He’s a really decent guy working three jobs and tuning is just one of them. His other two are utilizing his degree in mechanical engineering creating fire suppression systems as well as being a part time firefighter. The guy is no slouch and seems to have a strong ethic. Completely the opposite of the vibe I felt from the guys at MPT. I’ve learnt in life to trust my gut and it’s served me well. At the end of the day, Adam knows what I want and is going to provide that. The guys at MPT flat our stated that they literally never do data logging on any of their customers’ trucks. I thought that was a red flag. Adam wants to data love immediately and that’s what I want him to do. Anyway, this dynamic is why I’m never on this forum. To Loki and the other helpful guys on this thread, thanks for the pointers. Truck is in my friends shop getting goodies this week. Hopefully I’ll have a more fun truck in another week or two.
75e7b58070f745b719a9154422ca5288.jpgf7b7b15ca086c8eda7a8d32a85f26525.jpg48a3995599c51121fa83fcbfb38ffd58.jpg

What rotors?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don’t know Jake personally so I won’t comment on him, but I did spend some time chatting with Adam at ZFG. He’s a really decent guy working three jobs and tuning is just one of them. His other two are utilizing his degree in mechanical engineering creating fire suppression systems as well as being a part time firefighter. The guy is no slouch and seems to have a strong ethic. Completely the opposite of the vibe I felt from the guys at MPT. I’ve learnt in life to trust my gut and it’s served me well. At the end of the day, Adam knows what I want and is going to provide that. The guys at MPT flat our stated that they literally never do data logging on any of their customers’ trucks. I thought that was a red flag. Adam wants to data love immediately and that’s what I want him to do. Anyway, this dynamic is why I’m never on this forum. To Loki and the other helpful guys on this thread, thanks for the pointers. Truck is in my friends shop getting goodies this week. Hopefully I’ll have a more fun truck in another week or two.

Looking good.

Going to go and stop like it never has before!

Yeah, Adam is a worker. Hustles, and knows his stuff. Glad you got the same impression I do from him.

He has always been clear with me on what to expect.

The logging is important, the one and done thing just doesn't cut it for me. When we were tweaking the E50 Tune for the ST and logging all my launches we discovered momentary issues with low oil pressure. Discovered, if we slightly over filled, that issue went away. What that tells us, is a better oil pan with additional baffles could be worth it. We used what we saw, looked at other's logs and saw similar, so mine was not a fluke. We were able to inform the community, and hopefully help others pushing the platform.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Truck is in my friends shop getting goodies this week. Hopefully I’ll have a more fun truck in another week or two.

What was the motivation for the drilled rotors? I've heard anecdotes of the holes cracking and only really being useful to prevent fade from repeated high-speed stops. If you can lock the wheels, the rotors aren't limiting anything. Aren't tires a bigger factor?

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What was the motivation for the drilled rotors? I've heard anecdotes of the holes cracking and only really being useful to prevent fade from repeated high-speed stops. If you can lock the wheels, the rotors aren't limiting anything. Aren't tires a bigger factor?
Helps heat dissipate more efficiently especially when towing. They are actually way better than non drilled rotors. I’ve never heard of the holes cracking, but we can the the chemical engineer know it all school is on brake PFA and rotors too now