Votes: 40 16.0%
  • 2 children

Votes: 82 32.8%
  • 3 children or more

Votes: 100 40.0%
  • None

Votes: 28 11.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sarge816

Reaction score
I removed the 2nd row center bench so the 2 oldest could easily reach the 3rd row seats and the 2 toddlers are on the 2nd row.
This is exactly what we did. We have 3 kids, one tween a toddler and an infant. We wanted the babies in captains chairs second row and wanted the oldest to be able to get to the third row through the center. Removing the middle 2nd row seat (I think the seat is 40/20/40) works perfectly. We purchased some mats made for the Expedition that has the second row captains chairs off of Ebay and it looks factory (except no hand rests, ofcourse). Now, if only making it a 4x4 was as easy.

Last edited:

High Desert

Reaction score
Would have loved to have had an Expy when my twin boys were growing up, but no such luck. But now we do have room for them and their wives to all go someplace together. And the better half has already mentioned the extra space for future grandkids. So there ya go, still a family rig. Just in the process of adding a generation.

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No kiddos for me, I'm 6'7" and this is the only rig that was cheap, fit me well, could haul all my friends around, is 4x4, is reliable, and can tow a house. Not to mention looks pretty darn schmexy!

I've had 8 people in the truck at once before and it was comfy cozy! Regularly have up to 6 at once as well :)

I'm getting married in September and my fiance loves it and swears we cannot ever get a minivan... WIN!!

slhanks4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 3 sons, they are all grown and married now, but I wish I had an Expedition when they were younger. I had an 87 Bronco back then and the hassle of getting them in and out of the back seat was irritating.