Why not make every light LED??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
'19 Max Platinum here and it baffles me why all the lighting isn't LED...license plate lights and reverse lights incandescent...anything else I haven't noticed yet? Banished those bulbs already and I'll keep going until they are all LED. Anything in the front lamp that isn't LED? I honestly haven't looked closely; I travel a lot so in the past 3 months of owning it's only got 1,500 miles put on it, and most of that is because of 2 trips to Chicago for a relative having a heard attack, and then to attend said relatives funeral a week later.

Why does Ford bother to do this? Every other light in the rear lamp is LED already, why not just go the final step and make the reverse light LED too?? Same for the license plate lights. I don't really care if my license plate is visible or not, but if it is going to be lit up it might as well be LED.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As addressed, it comes down to cost. The Navigator is 100% LED and this will trickle down in the coming years.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know that I could look it up, but right now I'm lazy (still on coffee cup #1).

What are the replacement LED part numbers? And are there really only those 4 lights on the 2019 that are not LED?

Reverse Lights: Part #
Plate Lights: Part #