Wife wants my Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So my wife drove my Expy to work the other day. Her car was getting serviced. Apparently she got into the gas a little. She was like "Boy! I stepped on the gas getting into traffic and WOW it really took off. Can I have it?" So I said sure, if I can buy myself a new one (SPP). But now she's looking at Explorer STs and Platinums with the 3.0.
Thanks, Ford. You're gonna cost me 62 large.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So my wife drove my Expy to work the other day. Her car was getting serviced. Apparently she got into the gas a little. She was like "Boy! I stepped on the gas getting into traffic and WOW it really took off. Can I have it?" So I said sure, if I can buy myself a new one (SPP). But now she's looking at Explorer STs and Platinums with the 3.0.
Thanks, Ford. You're gonna cost me 62 large.
add 10k into your current budget and it would be sufficient to give her an expedition

OP
OP
J

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think she wants an actual expedition, per se. Just an SUV with POWER. Any way. Can you get a Limited Expy (400HP) for 72k? I'll have to get on the configurator.

Edit: Looks like a bare bones Limited is $71k. But you gotta have SOME stuff. 4x4, towing makes it $75k, Dolled up a bit, $79k. But a Loaded up Explorer ST or Platinum both land right at $62K.

It's just a shame the Explorer can't be had with CCD. I LOVE the CCD on my Expy.

Last edited:

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think she wants an actual expedition, per se. Just an SUV with POWER. Any way. Can you get a Limited Expy (400HP) for 72k? I'll have to get on the configurator.

Edit: Looks like a bare bones Limited is $71k. But you gotta have SOME stuff. 4x4, towing makes it $75k, Dolled up a bit, $79k. But a Loaded up Explorer ST or Platinum both land right at $62K.

It's just a shame the Explorer can't be had with CCD. I LOVE the CCD on my Expy.

The MSRP of Expedition XLT (4X4 non-max) with 202A and Special Edition pkg is 71K. It's actually luxury enough for most families. Some dealerships offer 3% off invoice price if you order a 2024 expedition. The final price should be close to 67k to 69k depending on your area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
She likes my Limited. Leather, toys, power. And we don't need 2 Expys. I think she'll be happy in an Explorer ST or Platinum. If she INSISTS on an Expedition... I'll give her mine and I'll get a 2024 SPP. But, I don't think she'll go for that. :-D

Retiredusps

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had almost same thing with My daughter years a go, she had a camaro z-28 winter came she took my ranger pickup. because of 4 wheel drive and snow and ice in nj. never got it back until spring. I was stuck with the z-28 no fun in snow and ice.Finally said keep it and traded in the z on a new f150, never let her borrow that one. But that was my baby girl wanted her safe !!!!

OP
OP
J

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No EVs. Not a fan of the cult of Musk.

Although, the Explorer is still on Sync 3. So no wireless android auto. I've never read a good thing about the adapters either. So the search goes on. Maybe she'll end up with an Expedition Limited after all.

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We went the opposite route.
Wife had a Flex, traded into a Max Limited.
I went from a Malibu to an Explorer. If timing had been better, I'd have bought my mom's Explorer Platinum before she traded it for a F150 Lariat.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No EVs. Not a fan of the cult of Musk.

Although, the Explorer is still on Sync 3. So no wireless android auto. I've never read a good thing about the adapters either. So the search goes on. Maybe she'll end up with an Expedition Limited after all.

The Motorola MA-1 adapter seems to be working fine in my '19 Expedition. It can get confused if you have more than one phone configured