Wiggly COP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I removed the entire intake manifold and bored out the old insert. Then i made a aluminum replacement with identical threads, roughed up the out side of my new insert and use some two part epoxy to seal it in. Its not too hard to do. You can also throw in a new intake manifold gasket while your at it. You can also swap all the plugs because everything is so exposed and plugs are cheap so your saving such a hastle. I would also get new coil boots and springs which are also pretty cheap off of rock auto. Its a weekend project but if you haul ass i got the intake manifold out in an hour and a half.

Very creative fix!

1stGeExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally got around to fixing mine this past weekend. I installed new coil packs and got new bolts from my local Ford dealer. They only come in pkg of 6.

Ford Part# N606500-S100

*** These are for the 5.4 only I think the 4.6 bolts are different & also discontinued ***

my2e9ymy.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited: