window problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bilman72

Reaction score
Ok Guys, On my 2001 the passenger side window will not stay in track as you roll it down. Have tried multiple glues and it keeps happening. Also I have another problem with same window. The door switch on that door doesn't make it go up or down. Have tried 4 different switches, since I have a spare parts vehicle. The weird thing is that the driver side master control will work it just fine. Any suggestions on either problem would be greatly appreciated.

00XTL

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the wire ing for the door switch. Also is the window falling off track in the door like behind the door panel or up top in the door frame. You could have a broken guide inside the door or the window may be lose.

CaptOchs

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The window staying in track issue sounds like a Window transmission problem. Might need to order a new one. You can order all the parts you want, but I'd take the door cover off and see what's going on before ordering anything.

LAexpy

Reaction score
Check the wire ing for the door switch. Also is the window falling off track in the door like behind the door panel or up top in the door frame. You could have a broken guide inside the door or the window may be lose.
This is most likely my problem, as I have this issue on my Driver's window

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I've glued the right side window to its bottom track on my 2000. I used the Ford epoxy sold for the purpose, prepped well and it held forever. I think it cost $30.

Bilsto

Reaction score
I had that happen on my drivers side. I was told by a bodyshop guy not to bother with a re glue, they never hold. Purchased new window with track assembled. It wasn’t expensive and have not had an issue since.

I started using Loctite marine adhesive sealant for a variety of things at work. I have drains that were improperly assembled (long story) that I seal up with that stuff. It's the most stout silicone I've ever seen. It might work for this, I think it's less than $10 for a small tube at Home Depot. If you try it, clean the surfaces with denatured alcohol first. If it was my truck, this is what I'd try.