Winter tires have no TPMS so I have to get innovative. 2007 Navigator.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't like the orange light and the text always on the dash so I am in the middle of putting some old tpms's I got online in a tube and pressurizing it. The little tpms computer learning tool changed the text from "tpms tire fault pressure"? to "low pressure" and I plan to attach this tube underneath with the 4 Ford 315 MHz sensors in it. I will give an update.
tpms1.jpg tpms2.jpg

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought I understood that centrifugal force (ie: the wheel spinning over a certain RPM) was needed to "wake-up" the TPM sensors. Seemed logical as this style of system would extend transmitter battery life.

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought I understood that centrifugal force (ie: the wheel spinning over a certain RPM) was needed to "wake-up" the TPM sensors. Seemed logical as this style of system would extend transmitter battery life.
Maybe on some later models and some go by rpm's of the wheel.

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a similar issue, but have read that it can be addressed with Forscan to deactivate the TPMS crap altogether (by changing a command line).

I got me a Forscan license and the right USB to OBD "Ford" connector off eBay. I'll give it a try when the weather warms up.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You've got a Navi and you can't afford a spare set of sensors? It's ~$120 for a new set or 1/4 that for a used set. :x

Plati

Reaction score
You've got a Navi and you can't afford a spare set of sensors? It's ~$120 for a new set or 1/4 that for a used set. :x
and another hundred to pull & reinstall tires, which can be done later to install sensors?
sometimes people just like to try something out, creativity … I like the spirit!

Plati

Reaction score
and another hundred to pull & reinstall tires, which can be done later to install sensors?
sometimes people just like to try something out, creativity … I like the spirit!

I think on my 2014 all they do is tell you if catastrophically low
which you're going to feel anyway?
they don't read actual pressure (I think)

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a similar issue, but have read that it can be addressed with Forscan to deactivate the TPMS crap altogether (by changing a command line).

I got me a Forscan license and the right USB to OBD "Ford" connector off eBay. I'll give it a try when the weather warms up.
I actually bought an old laptop (dell e6410 latitude) so I could use Forescan but half of the sellers say it won't work on my 2007 Navigator so I have to look into that.

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just wanted to experiment with these used ones first. I wasn't aware of sensors until I bought this a month ago and don't want to break it all down etc. Also most Expys in here are probably worth more than I paid for the '07 Navi.

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes you can do that but I didn't want to.

The later ones read each tire pressure and tells you what it is, they evolved but mine makes you look for the low one but I don't need any of it. When the batteries go dead in them everyone is going to have to stop and replace them and the dealer wants a ton of money to do that. It's not just the sensors, it's programing the new ones to the vehicle (if you got the right ones), and breaking all the tires down before they are worn out or look at the light and text on your cluster constantly bugging you to correct it.

Last edited: