Wireless android auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got this info from the Audi forum I follow. If you're interested in wireless android auto, check this out. I just ordered one for my Audi earlier today, they had been full and not taking orders but just made more available today for shipping in June.

I haven't done much research myself except from reading on the other forum and from the Q&A on the website, just thought I would pass it along.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm guessing this will work via Bluetooth. I actually saw this a while back and was curious but at this point, the wireless charger in these is so unreliable, I still use a wired connection no matter what. It can't use Wifi I would imagine as very few cars still come with Wifi builtin. So I'm guessing it's Bluetooth from your phone to the adapter, which plugs into USB. Both sides of it (the app on the android phone) and the adapter will mimic a physical connection. Once you get one, would love to hear how it goes.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm guessing this will work via Bluetooth. I actually saw this a while back and was curious but at this point, the wireless charger in these is so unreliable, I still use a wired connection no matter what. It can't use Wifi I would imagine as very few cars still come with Wifi builtin. So I'm guessing it's Bluetooth from your phone to the adapter, which plugs into USB. Both sides of it (the app on the android phone) and the adapter will mimic a physical connection. Once you get one, would love to hear how it goes.

They use WiFi. Negotiate via BT, then switch to WiFi. Same as the Wireless CarPlay Adapter I use in both my Explorer and Expedition.

BT does not have the bandwidth. That is why both Wireless AA and CP use actual WiFi. That is why existing Sync 3 can’t just be given Wireless CP or AA by a software update, because the hardware isn’t certified.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They use WiFi. Negotiate via BT, then switch to WiFi. Same as the Wireless CarPlay Adapter I use in both my Explorer and Expedition.

BT does not have the bandwidth. That is why both Wireless AA and CP use actual WiFi. That is why existing Sync 3 can’t just be given Wireless CP or AA by a software update, because the hardware isn’t certified.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

which adapters do you use? I’ve been curious if they work or not...

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use carlinkit 2.0 for my apple phone to 20 expy and it works ok. Crashes sometimes and some of the startup text is in Chinese.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use carlinkit 2.0 for my apple phone to 20 expy and it works ok. Crashes sometimes and some of the startup text is in Chinese.

Same one I am using. It is not perfect, but works 90% of the time. Periodically you do need to unplug it and plug it back in. I have tried about 5 of them, and this has been by far the best one.

Have you updated it? It helps A LOT!

While your phone is connected, go to Safari, and type in 192.168.50.2 It will automatically check for updates, but if it doesn't click on the button on page. Let it do its thing and stay connected and powered the WHOLE time it is updating. Don't turn off car until it comes back up. I bricked one by accident that way last year. Company was good and RMA'd, then sent me a replacement.

There is currently a $20 Coupon for it on Amazon....
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FG2XRBP/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_MA3XXND4HR84EBVREPS4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same one I am using. It is not perfect, but works 90% of the time. Periodically you do need to unplug it and plug it back in. I have tried about 5 of them, and this has been by far the best one.

Have you updated it? It helps A LOT!

While your phone is connected, go to Safari, and type in 192.168.50.2 It will automatically check for updates, but if it doesn't click on the button on page. Let it do its thing and stay connected and powered the WHOLE time it is updating. Don't turn off car until it comes back up. I bricked one by accident that way last year. Company was good and RMA'd, then sent me a replacement.

There is currently a $20 Coupon for it on Amazon....
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FG2XRBP/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_MA3XXND4HR84EBVREPS4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Just ordered it. Going to give it a try and see how it goes. Wireless CarPlay sure was nice in the rental BMW 750i I had a few weeks ago!

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just ordered it. Going to give it a try and see how it goes. Wireless CarPlay sure was nice in the rental BMW 750i I had a few weeks ago!
Got it today. Works great so far! I’m sure it will have its quirks from time to time...I’ll see how it goes from here!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got it today. Works great so far! I’m sure it will have its quirks from time to time...I’ll see how it goes from here!

Definitely do the updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro