Wireless or worthless Charging....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSimms

Reaction score
Hey Folks,
We are excited to be in our first Expediton. Just bought a 2019 Max Limited. Very happy and a big improvement over the minivan!! Lol. One thing that is getting on my nerves and I hope you all can help. The wireless charger-why is it installed at an angle? Our dang phones just slide off and won’t charge. Really annoying. Are we doing it wrong? Anybody else having this issue? Any fixes? Thanks!!!!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There should be nubs at the bottom of the pad to keep your phone in place.

OP
OP
B

BSimms

Reaction score
Thanks! No nubs here. Weird. It’s just slides right off.

Sowie1701

Reaction score
Is the rubber tray turned around backwards? This is what holds the phone in the correct place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saltwater Soul

Reaction score
When I purchased mine, the little rubber tray was missing. Finally figured out what was wrong and the dealer went and "sourced" me one from the lot. Betting that the customer that bought the vehicle that it was sourced from had the same problem you and I did.

Rubber Insert.jpg

Rubber Insert 2.jpg

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just looked at mine. There is a rubber mat that goes in on the bottom of that area. The top edge has a ledge that hols the phone. Maybe that piece is missing on yours.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad it works for you. I have a Moto z droid and the charger isn't compatible.. I refuse to by a me too crapple phone so I'm stuck with a cord.

OP
OP
B

BSimms

Reaction score
Anyone know of a part number or source for that tray? My dealer has gone quiet when I asked to provide me one. Thanks!

DenSanAZ

Reaction score
I can't use the charger in my '18 Limited. I have a Samsung S20 Ultra and it doesn't even fit in the slot! Guess Ford didn't have phablets in mind when they designed it!