Wiring new aftermarket & DVD retention harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

irishinontario

Reaction score
This is going to be a very silly post, but I still need help please, incase i do damage or blow something, or have to re-do everything......

I bought:
- a JVC KD 530 stereo

- a DVD retention harness

- wiring adapter

I am connecting all the wires, colour by colour from the stereo fitting to the adapter, then going to clip it into the stereo

Where to i wire the long ground to?

When it comes to the DVD harness,
Do I wire the retention harness (blue/white and black) to the 2 wires between stereo and wire harness i am currently connecting? (wire the harness to the retention harness before connecting to truck wire)?
Which Aux input on stereo do i use to I plug in the Aux red/white into?

thanks......

OP
OP
I

irishinontario

Reaction score
all up and running, the only problems are that i cannot lower the front speakers to spare me SpongeBob Square Pants!

and i have lost the OEM function where the volume drops as the reverse beeps come on

AcesOverEights

Full Access Members
Reaction score
volume drop when the reverse beep comes on?
what reverse beep?
My factory deck never lowered the level by itself for anything. I didnt have the speed sensing radio feature...

OP
OP
I

irishinontario

Reaction score
with the reverse assist, in my truck as i near an object, the beeps get quicker, until its constant.
if the OEM stereo was playing, the volume would drop down.....

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I did my install to retain the OEM DVD, I bypassed the audio out of the DVD unit so you have to use the IR headsets, just so I wouldn't have to listen to the kids movies at all. Now my wife and I can listen to our music, and the kids have their entertainment all to themselves!