Won't Shift Out Of Park HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denninc

Reaction score
I'm sure you tried this... but.. Did you try turning the steering wheel than shifting out of Park??

OP
OP
B

bmbecher

Reaction score
There a little rectangular plastic cover thingie next to the shifter. Pop that off, take your ignition key, stick it in the hole, and shift into Neutral. From there remove the key and start the truck like normal.
What rectangular piece are you talking about?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
B

bmbecher

Reaction score
The PRNDL. Or in this case the PRND21. If the P doesn't light up when in Park but the others will light when it's in those positions you may have a problem in the solenoid that lets you shift out of Park. If the P does light up the problem is most likely your brake light switch.
Lit up like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 6

Andy Rubalcaba

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sure you tried this... but.. Did you try turning the steering wheel than shifting out of Park??
lol when I first started security I drove around the parking lots at a courthouse, you wouldn't believe how many people i've had to help because they were stuck, and showed them to move the steering wheel ( not it wasn't all females, there was one male in there somewhere lmao ).