Wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lithiatwats

Reaction score
Any got any ideas?

04 5.4 EB 4x4 won't start. One click nothing on instrument cluster. Won't even turn. Immobiliser light doesn't flash/blink it is steady. Will get voltmeter on batt later but anyone any suggestions. Had to take my kid swimming with other car so sat here wondering what might be problem.

I guess batteries can just die right? Interestingly, speedo goes full scale deflection to top end. Some elec gremlin somewhere... If isn't batt, what next? Thanks

Skauber

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, if the car is completely dead, i.e. no dome lights, locks don't work, nothing happens when you turn the key and otherwise completely dead, then I'd say your battery is dead, or less likely, the terminals for the battery has come undone or in some way lost its connection with the battery.

It is of course possible for a battery to completely fail internally so that it doesn't supply any voltage to the posts, specially if it's an old or cheap one.