wtf is wrong with my expedition!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SunsetAZ

Reaction score
i already installed both of those pieces new. and my trucks running like shit and getting horrible mpg. like im talking ****** mpg. i had my friend clear the codes a few weeks ago and 50 miles later cel came back on and thats when i replaced the egr valve and went to autozone to get the codes read.

OP
OP
S

SunsetAZ

Reaction score
yeah i replaced the egr sensor and the egr valve, and i pulled the top end off and cleaned up the gunked up holes. . still running like shit. if im driving for like 20mins when i pull into my driveway and put it in park the rpms shoot up to 2-3000 rpm. im so sick of this ford. i cant get one ****** bit of help.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds like your iac valve, clean it, also your tps could be bad, with a dvom check and see if it is set to around 0.98 volts, the tps is only twenty two dollars to replace, also, reset your ecu by disconnecting your battery

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds like your iac valve, clean it, also your tps could be bad, with a dvom check and see if it is set to around 0.98 volts, the tps is only twenty two dollars to replace, also, reset your ecu by disconnecting your battery

That's what I was thinking, the TPS...

Also make sure everything & I mean EVERYTHING is plugged in correctly.

When I was working on my intake I unplugged a lot of things, forgot one snap in, in the waaaay back of the firewall. It ran like complete shit. Revving up & down, almost stalling, also idling way too high.

So definitely check around & be patient.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would suggest you check the elbow at the back of the intake, it causes all kinds of idle and mpg issues, also, take the black cover off and look on the passenger side of the tb, inspect all your vacuum hose and pull your pcv valve and make sure it rattles, if it rattles its good, if not, its bad. When I got my X almost all of my vacuum hoses were collapsed, you can buy a few feet of rubber hose and go to town and replace them for a few bucks. You can get the elbow from NAPA for much cheaper than the Stealership ($13) from Napa.

OP
OP
S

SunsetAZ

Reaction score
ok i dont know what you guys are meaning. . spell out what these things are. pictures would also be great. im an upholstery guy not a motor guy, but i am confident i can continue to work on this expedition.