Yet another TPS issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jman

Reaction score
Search for TPS issues and didn't find one that matched my issue, If I missed it I appologize in advance.

2008 Expy. Will start with TPS disconnected and quickly moves to a rough idle, presumably a LIMP mode situation.
Voltage on YELLOW is 5v, voltage on GREEN is 3.1 with key on engine off, nothing on TAN or BLUE, one of which is ground. with engine running,4.9 and 2.5. Change the TPS and the car wont start, if I disconnect the TPS and start the car and then plug in the TPS I get YELLOW 4.9 and GREEN 1.1, if I manually open the throttle to WOT GREEN goes to 2.5v Can someone comment on which one is correct?? I think the 1.1 is correct. Old TPS is the gen 2 version New TPS is the gen 3 big block looking version. MAF functions correctly.

Any ideas what is forcing the low idle?? Codes all relate to TPS or TCM, neither of which are doing anything at the moment when it is in forced idle. I have drained capacitors, checked for vacuum leaks, tried 2 different ECM's obviously there is a sensor or a modual that is having a problem that is manifesting itself in TPS codes or the new TPS is bad.

thanks in advance