Zero Miles To Empty.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I rarely let the fuel level in any of my vehicles drop below one-half.

I live in the Midwest with a lot of spring and summer storms, and bad winters. Storms bring trees and their limbs down onto power lines - and power outages.

When severe storms are forecast, I always fill all my vehicles (event if they are only down 1/8 of a tank).

I have seen people run out of gas in dangerous locations, including the expressway - sometimes with kids or infants in the car. I always thought they should be given a ticket for being stupid.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From 1/8th of a tank, mine takes 27 gallons to fill it up, it has one hell of a reserve built into the gas gauge.

Thats...just ~2 gallons reserve

1/8 of a 33.5 gallon tank is 4.something gallons. 27+4 = 31

OP
OP
B

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So many of our members keep coming up with driveability issues and wonder why! Running a tank low on fuel is never a good thing. Factor in dirt/sediment/rust, you get the picture. Some people like living on the edge, I used to but then life kinda took that away, or was it the Wife. Wives never let you play with your friends!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk
When I go like, 3 or days without a good BASE jump, I'll run my tank low to get my adrenaline fix. Living on the edge and all.......

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve run all my vehicles close to empty many many times. I drive almost 45,000 miles a year some years and have driven most of my cars to 250,000 miles and two of them to 300,000 miles. Never once replaced a fuel filter, fuel pump, injectors. Nothing. No issues, no drama. Let’s keep the “living on the edge” rhetoric appropriate to what it really stands for. Now excuse me while I go pet this friendly wild lion that just walked up to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro