03' 5.4L, What Superchargers are available?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
joezek

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm glad it's not too loud, of course I still want it to be heard.

03blkstanggt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What mpg losses have you guys gotten with this setup? For example if I cruise at 65-70 mph without stepping on it, is the mpg worse or the same? Not stepping on it I should technically be using the same amount of power/load.

on my mustang if i stay out of the boost at 65-70 mph i actually had gotten better gas mileage. even at a dead stop and getting to 65 when you baby the throttle the mileage is good

boiler71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Joezek...for what its worth, my wife and I are starting the Eaton install on her 04 Expi next week. Picked up all the parts for the Lightning swap for about $2500 (some new, some used). Can use the original Expi computer but will need a custom tune.

Will do a thorough write-up with pics as we progress our way through. Started the first step end of last week with the new fuel pump. Unfortunately got a bad one right out of the box. New pump will be here Tuesday so factory pump gets upgraded to a 255 lph pump. Next step, blower install.

Wish us luck!

Marc

FordMan13

Reaction score
Good Luck. A "Roots" type blower sits on the top takes oil from the motor and cools the supercharger. When the motor goes you risk the chance on putting metal into the supercharger. Procharger is an external blower of course and is self-contained good thing. Every time you change oil you also change oil in the supercharger, it uses its own oil. BUT with any motor, build the engine for a supercharger. If you just use a normal hyperutechtic (I know the spelling is wrong!!) pistons no matter how new the engine you will blow a piston within 12 to 20,000 miles, I guarantee. Will need to build a bulletproof bottom end first. Forged pistons, rods, crank,etc. Some places you can get kits are D.S.S. motorsports and Sean Hyland Motorsports.

erik

Reaction score
Good Luck. A "Roots" type blower sits on the top takes oil from the motor and cools the supercharger. When the motor goes you risk the chance on putting metal into the supercharger. Procharger is an external blower of course and is self-contained good thing. Every time you change oil you also change oil in the supercharger, it uses its own oil. BUT with any motor, build the engine for a supercharger. If you just use a normal hyperutechtic (I know the spelling is wrong!!) pistons no matter how new the engine you will blow a piston within 12 to 20,000 miles, I guarantee. Will need to build a bulletproof bottom end first. Forged pistons, rods, crank,etc. Some places you can get kits are D.S.S. motorsports and Sean Hyland Motorsports.

no way eh so I guess my dream of a super charger just flew out the window lol no way do i have 2500 or more for a supercharger and then be replacing my motor within a year :( darn so i guess it'll be intake exhaust and a tuner that's about it ? let me know thank you

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
no way eh so I guess my dream of a super charger just flew out the window lol no way do i have 2500 or more for a supercharger and then be replacing my motor within a year :( darn so i guess it'll be intake exhaust and a tuner that's about it ? let me know thank you

Wow...old thread! The previous post was inaccurate as the roots blower is self contained. It is also safe on stock block if it is in good condition and you limit the boost. You just can not dial it up and or get aggresive with the tune as you could with a built motor. The higher compression also limits your boost and tune on pump gas with stock motor.

djpvan

Reaction score
Procharger experience

I decided to go with the "bolt-on" procharger for my 2003 Expy. I had it fitted thru a local speed shop that was certified procharger installer. What a nightmare. Despite what they say on their website, the custom kit does not fit the 2003 Expy and requires a lot of work. Something that was supposed to take a day took more than a week and a radiator and fan later!!! Once that was done, the woes continued as the factory ECU cannot handle the fuel supply so idling and cruising on the highway is a nightmare. I am waiting to get an SCT chip installed to correct the issue.

So if you do want the procharger, the installer now offers the mod's to make it fit on the 03.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger