07 Message Center Button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy24d

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a message center which shows:
- trip A and B
- Mpg
- outside temp/ odometer/ compass
- miles to empty

But the funny thing is that every piece of documentation shows that the buttons are next to the flasher on the dash over the radio. I have attached a link to a rod which when pushed indexes thru the menus.

Does anyone else with an 07 or 08 have this method of accessing the computer?

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh92/boatrboy/Expedition - 2007/?action=view&current=IMG_1585.jpg

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh92/boatrboy/Expedition - 2007/?action=view&current=IMG_1584.jpg

Thanks - Mark

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
RDNPD-9101085422-IMG_1098.JPG

XCIVE-062691037-IMG_0584.JPG

You must have an early XLT. Mine was built in Jan '07 and has a full array of buttons for the message center.

At least one other member has your dash. He has automatic door UNlock, do you? I don't.

-- Chuck

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chevy24d

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You must have an early XLT. Mine was built in Jan '07 and has a full array of buttons for the message center.

At least one other member has your dash. He has automatic door UNlock, do you? I don't.

-- Chuck [/B]

That was me in the other post.

mustangswan

Reaction score
I have an 07 limited and my buttons are above the radio also(3 buttons), like Chuck's pictures. I think it is a XLT thing.

OP
OP
C

chevy24d

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am wondering if my setup is like this because I do not have the "message center" option?

This method (rod extending from gage) to scroll thru the odometer setting may be normal for this.

Can anyone without the message center option confirm this?

Thanks

Mark

mustangswan

Reaction score
That is a build sheet that tells you what the truck was ordered with and not all the options that were available when it was ordered. Best place to look is a sales borchure. It tells all the options that were available on a xlt or limited.. A message center might not come on a XLT. Just like you might not be able to get a limited without a message center. I think I still have my brochure around somewhere. I will take a look.

mustangswan

Reaction score
I looked in the sales brochure, and the message center was an option on the XLT's and standard on all the rest.