2000 expedition battery drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First thing I would do is charge the battery then load test it with the toaster type of load tester.
This is the type I use: Milton Industries 6-12V Battery/Starter/Charging Tester
do a google search if your interested in one.

You may have a bad battery so eliminate that in the beginning. I've had batteries delivered new that were toast. Always test them.

Unless the person is an idiot that did your brakes, it has nothing to do with the battery drain problem.

Bad starters usually let it be known by a burnt smell or all hell breaking loose when they have power put to them.

Since you had the battery disconnected the alternator can't discharge it. The only thing is an internal short or the battery is bad.

OP
OP
W

websurfer

Reaction score
Thank you all for the help.. I was able to fix the problem.

The battery cables are corrode and need to be replaced. I was able to patch up a little bit of it to get the trucking running. Anyone no the part # for the cables and any how to?

To funny that i did all that work and it was the darn cables..haha well i can replace a gem in about 20 min now...