Anti-Theft System ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
Online, not sure how accurate they are but they seem to be pretty close. Could not find the correct one, the after market one's from the parts store are more often than not just simply wrong.

OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
FYI: I think I forgot to mention... I may have but just in case I forgot. Even from a cold start, if I wait 15 seconds it will start right up.

OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
After reviewing the distribution wiring, it looks like the PCM relay and Diode are wired in with the PAT, instrument cluster, and the Coil on plugs and radio noise capacitor. This is in line with fuses 29 and 30. But would any of these cause a 15 second delay if they were going out?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have a remote start or aftermarket alarm system installed, or previously installed? My son's van had an alarm system that would do what you are describing.

OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
Negative, no after market stuff at all. I am trying to see if there are any other symptoms that might be attributed to it but cannot find anything.

OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
I am wondering if there is a short or weak wire in the loop that is causing this to delay. I have never heard of one and have researched the Internet and cannot find anyone having the same problem. That is unless they are assuming it is a crank no start issue. Wonder how many would wait 15 seconds with the key in the run position and have the same issue... Makes you think... Hmmm

OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
Have you guys asked anyone else having hard start issues if they have waited 15 seconds and the vehicle starts? Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue. As soon as I get time. I am going to recheck all the fuses, relay, and Pins for voltage readings and note each of them with key off, in run, and crank mode to see if there is a difference. That is all I know to do at this point unless you have other suggestions.

At this point I am looking at fuses:
Central Junction box (Interior):
2(5a) PCM
4 (7.5a) Remote entry module
6 (5a) GEM
8 (5a) Remote entry module & GEM module
14 (15a) Battery Saver relay
15 (5a) PCM module inputs & GEM module
20 (5a) GEM module & memory module
21 (15a) starter relay & feed Fuse 20
30 (30a) Passive ant theft transceiver, ignition coils, PCM relay
Relay 2 Battery saver relay

Battery Junction Box (engine):
2(30a) PCM module
10(20a) Fuel pump
18(15a) PCM, fuel injectors, fuel pump, MAF
103(50a) Junction box battery feed
111(40a) Ignition switch battery feed (run/start circuit)
113(40a) Ignition switch battery feed (run & accessory circuits)
Relay 301 fuel pump
Relay 304 PCM
501 PCM diode

There are some secondary fuses that appear to be on the same circuit as the one's listed above. I am going to check them as well.
CJbox
3(20a)
12(15a)
13(20a)
29(5a)

The hard part is going to be to trace anything I find without knowing the actual location of some of the modules or hidden relays up under the dash.
If you have a diagram or any pics that show the location of some of these items, it would be greatly appreciated.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also checked and verified with multi-meter, all fuses in engine and passenger compartment. Some seem low at 11.6.
Fuse 20 (10A) Trailer tow stop and left turn lamp shows 34.9. After turning lights off shows 10.2.

34.9 volts? That seems bizarre.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In looking at your wiring prints they appear to be correct. What you really need is a copy of the Ford Service Manual on DVD These are factory wiring diagrams which will show locations and connectors and pin layouts and much more info. You asked where the GEM module is located. It is mounted to the back of the fuse panel under the dash. Not the easiest to get to but with some patience it can be removed. Suggest you get a good flashlight and mirror so you can see under there.