Anyone ever use powerstop slotted rotors/pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken W

Reaction score
I ran them on my Pathfinder & F-250. No complaints & never noticed any additional brake dust.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Overkill for a 6000 lb pig that I tow with? No such thing as overkill considering the weight imo

What exactly do you think you’re gaining with these over stock? They look better then plain solid rotors I’ll give you that. Them being slotted and drilled won’t benefit you in any way whatsoever. I highly doubt you’ve ever used your oem brakes so hard that you’ve experienced fading from heat. I tow a 9000lb toy hauler regularly and have never experienced brake fade and there’s been a few times I’ve had to slam on the brakes pretty hard.

Heat is what makes your brakes work better

I have slotted and drilled rotors on my CTSV with Hawk HPS 5.0 pads and it took multiple laps around a track and multiple heavy braking scenarios from 140 down to 30mph for them to heat up and experience any fade.

Plan on taking your Expy to the track? Lol!

In your situation it’s the pad that is going to improve your braking. Not fancy looking rotors.

With that said it’s your cash spend it how you want. Better braking performance could have been attained with just a better pad and solid rotors though. But with you being an optometrist, electrician and lighting expert. I’m sure your some how an expert when it comes to brakes to.

I am anxious to see what they look like though :D

Jimdar

Reaction score
I have them and I wouldn't buy them again. They aren't any better than stock. I'm on my second set of powerstop rotors up front. I thought the first set warped somehow so I replaced them. What I thought was warped was the plating coming off the rotors in chunks. My 2 cents.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I have them and I wouldn't buy them again. They aren't any better than stock. I'm on my second set of powerstop rotors up front. I thought the first set warped somehow so I replaced them. What I thought was warped was the plating coming off the rotors in chunks. My 2 cents.
Did you follow the break in procedure?

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
What exactly do you think you’re gaining with these over stock? They look better then plain solid rotors I’ll give you that. Them being slotted and drilled won’t benefit you in any way whatsoever. I highly doubt you’ve ever used your oem brakes so hard that you’ve experienced fading from heat. I tow a 9000lb toy hauler regularly and have never experienced brake fade and there’s been a few times I’ve had to slam on the brakes pretty hard.

Heat is what makes your brakes work better

I have slotted and drilled rotors on my CTSV with Hawk HPS 5.0 pads and it took multiple laps around a track and multiple heavy braking scenarios from 140 down to 30mph for them to heat up and experience any fade.

Plan on taking your Expy to the track? Lol!

In your situation it’s the pad that is going to improve your braking. Not fancy looking rotors.

With that said it’s your cash spend it how you want. Better braking performance could have been attained with just a better pad and solid rotors though. But with you being an optometrist, electrician and lighting expert. I’m sure your some how an expert when it comes to brakes to.

I am anxious to see what they look like though :D
I have experienced fade while pulling my car trailer however they were on aftermarket pads/OE rotors. I also dont know if it was fluid fade or friction fade so I figured I'd give these a shot. Drilled/slotted completely changed the way my grand prix and mustang stopped so why not see how it affects this pig.

Also heat may help stopping to a point but once you've built up too much heat it has a negitave effect on braking.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know about you guy's, but theirs no such thing as too much brake. My first edition has tiny front rotors for the weight and wheel size its stopping. Heat is the enemy of any item on these vehicles. True you want some heat and friction to stop, you wouldn't want air conditioned rotors. That being said, repeated applying of brakes, extra weight from trailers, stopping/slowing on long downhill grades, is murder on pads/rotors. Anytime you can dissipate heat, that's a good thing. Cleaning brake dust, come on, are you really that lazy! You'll work on your truck all weekend, but won't spray some wheel cleaner, and old sponge to clean brake dust. Buy an old 1960's truck with 4 wheel drum brakes if you don't want wheel dust. From what you guys said, sounds like more positive, than negative posts for these bargain rotors!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know about you guy's, but theirs no such thing as too much brake. My first edition has tiny front rotors for the weight and wheel size its stopping. Heat is the enemy of any item on these vehicles. True you want some heat and friction to stop, you wouldn't want air conditioned rotors. That being said, repeated applying of brakes, extra weight from trailers, stopping/slowing on long downhill grades, is murder on pads/rotors. Anytime you can dissipate heat, that's a good thing. Cleaning brake dust, come on, are you really that lazy! You'll work on your truck all weekend, but won't spray some wheel cleaner, and old sponge to clean brake dust. Buy an old 1960's truck with 4 wheel drum brakes if you don't want wheel dust. From what you guys said, sounds like more positive, than negative posts for these bargain rotors!

:nono:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep, cheap crappy rotors always have heat dissipation problems. Heat is what warps and kills rotors.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Their is a difference in metal quality. Wish it wasn't true, but like most things in life you do get what you paid for. Does anybody make a set of drilled/slotted rotors up the scale from the power stop brand, that someone has had good luck with. I too am going to need front rotors for my first edition. I may go with Wagner, as per bedrck47's suggestion, but am curious any others to consider.