Anyone ever use powerstop slotted rotors/pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have them and I wouldn't buy them again. They aren't any better than stock. I'm on my second set of powerstop rotors up front. I thought the first set warped somehow so I replaced them. What I thought was warped was the plating coming off the rotors in chunks. My 2 cents.

If the rotors are broken in properly, calipers working correctly (no dragging) and the lug nuts are torqued to 150 ft/lbs there should be no issues with the rotors unless they are cheaply made.

I have taken my Mustang to VIR here in VA and run several laps with no fade and no warping. I would buy them again for any vehicle I own.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the rotors are broken in properly, calipers working correctly (no dragging) and the lug nuts are torqued to 150 ft/lbs there should be no issues with the rotors unless they are cheaply made.

I have taken my Mustang to VIR here in VA and run several laps with no fade and no warping. I would buy them again for any vehicle I own.
Then you weren't driving it right

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tend to agree: street pads driven hard in a racetrack without fading....... That’s a tall task for a brake pad that must also work when it’s stone cold. I always switched to race pads when I went to the track because I never found a street pad that wouldn’t fade on my lightweight, momentum Saturn S-series.

Greg S

Reaction score
I installed a set of Power Stop Z36 rotors and pads (part #K4109-36) on my 2008 Expedition Eddie Bauer last weekend. I did the fronts and rears. Only had them on my truck for a week but love them so far. They look really cool behind my factory 20” chrome wheels and stop the truck really well...noticeably better than the stock set I took off.

We have a 5000# travel trailer, haven’t pulled it yet with the new brakes installed but looking forward to seeing how they stop the extra load.

After I replaced them, I bled the brakes as a precaution, and followed the recommended break-in procedure. Hopefully doing that will prevent any long term problems.

Got a great deal for the set on eBay, paid $350 shipped for the set a few months back.

I installed the Power Stop Evolution Z23 set on my wife’s 2012 Kia Sorento about 6 months ago and so far they have held up well. Dust doesn’t seem to be too much of an issue, and they look cool behind the black aftermarket wheels on her car too. Power Stop seems to make a good product, IMO.

Best of luck...while I can’t provide any long term observations yet, I am happy with them so far.

13D17F9C-0B51-4EB3-A3A9-4F88300BEFA2.jpeg

4D1E5411-7A29-4A47-B433-7F6A90020E3E.jpeg

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well so far I'm seeing more yay than nay, for our bargain priced rotors! Any one else want to chime in? It's looking like I'm going to give them a try myself.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I installed a set of Power Stop Z36 rotors and pads (part #K4109-36) on my 2008 Expedition Eddie Bauer last weekend. I did the fronts and rears. Only had them on my truck for a week but love them so far. They look really cool behind my factory 20” chrome wheels and stop the truck really well...noticeably better than the stock set I took off.

We have a 5000# travel trailer, haven’t pulled it yet with the new brakes installed but looking forward to seeing how they stop the extra load.

After I replaced them, I bled the brakes as a precaution, and followed the recommended break-in procedure. Hopefully doing that will prevent any long term problems.

Got a great deal for the set on eBay, paid $350 shipped for the set a few months back.

I installed the Power Stop Evolution Z23 set on my wife’s 2012 Kia Sorento about 6 months ago and so far they have held up well. Dust doesn’t seem to be too much of an issue, and they look cool behind the black aftermarket wheels on her car too. Power Stop seems to make a good product, IMO.

Best of luck...while I can’t provide any long term observations yet, I am happy with them so far.

View attachment 23737

View attachment 23739

Thanks for info. I've found plenty of other long term users with F150's and most seem to like them. Obviously with anything there are people that have issues, dont like them but the majority of what I find across all platforms are positive.

I'm very happy to hear you saw a noticeable difference in braking and not a big difference in dust. Sounds like maybe I made a good call ordering them and I'm pretty excited to get them on.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The Hawk pads have been my favorite for years, matched with DBA rotors. Don't know if they're still made for the Ex. A far cry from the Chinese stuff that's out there today.

Reaction score
Thanks for asking, I'm also in the market to swap out rotors and brakes. I was looking at the powerstop package they have in RockAuto. I'm also going to give them a try since there seems to be some positive reviews on them.