Are these struts busted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a great looking 2nd generation expy. I still have my 03. I decided to keep it for towing and use the Navigator for pleasure cruising.

Also can you tell me how to get a new thread to come up with bold type? Thanks
Hi John,

If you are talking about the title I think that is controlled by whether or not you have looked at the thread before.

But you can control the Bold by clicking the "B" in the ribbon to the left, You can control the: Font Size by Clicking the T! You can control the color by clicking the round circle with the black and white halves. Is that what you are asking?

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi John,

If you are talking about the title I think that is controlled by whether or not you have looked at the thread before.

But you can control the Bold by clicking the "B" in the ribbon to the left, You can control the: Font Size by Clicking the T! You can control the color by clicking the round circle with the black and white halves. Is that what you are asking?

Thanks Andy.

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found them. He had 2 sets of the EL left so I ordered one set.

Did he have the trim for the tail lights too? I didn't see it.

My air suspension worked great. I had to replace the compressor that was on only repair necessary. I wish I could have gotten it on the 17.

I don't remember where I got the tail light trim but it is not available in that particular configuration any longer. However, if you search some of the truck sites there are some similar styles you can still get.

One of the things I did which really changed the look of the front was a billet grill insert.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-2007-20...ash=item1a0b2a17e5:g:2Z0AAOSwAO9ZSUIE&vxp=mtr

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember where I got the tail light trim but it is not available in that particular configuration any longer. However, if you search some of the truck sites there are some similar styles you can still get.

One of the things I did which really changed the look of the front was a billet grill insert.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-2007-2008-2009-10-11-12-13-Ford-Expedition-Billet-Grille-Grill-COMBO-INSERT-/111856457701?fits=Model:Expedition&hash=item1a0b2a17e5:g:2Z0AAOSwAO9ZSUIE&vxp=mtr
I'll have to keep an eye out for those. They really dress up the plain tail lights. I'm still thinking of going to an LED tail light design but I haven't found one that was worth switching to. As poor as the ones that I have seen look, I might as well just change out the incandescent bulbs to LEDs and be done if you know what I mean.

I have that new style grille, I guess I'd call it a louvered style so that wouldn't work for me .

I was briefly tempted to get one of those Red White and blue Ford flag logs for the front but then I sat down and waited awhile and the temptation subsided. :)

Ford Flag Logo..jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd probably go for a Raptor-style expedition grille or a drop-in 15-17 facelift grille for earlier 3rd gens - IF they existed, which they dont seem to - but just plain old addon billets never really made sense to me

pkuchirka

Reaction score
Yes I was pretty disappointed. I don't believe they have changed vendors. Basicly they are Monroes. And in recent years they have been very poor. All 4 were initially leaking badly by 5000 miles so keep an eye on yours. I think that is an area that Ford could specify a higher quality product but apparently they are cutting costs there. I believe there are many more out there leaking and people just don't know it because you really can't see the strut unless you get under the truck in most cases.

BTW I think I told you in a different thread. Great looking truck you have. Always love the white in an Expedition and great looking wheels.

View attachment 21714

This is mine in the XLT. Only year they offered the King Ranch wheels as an option and I love them. This is a picture that a vendor uses on ebay to sell the SS door and window trim strips. I have also upgraded to the SS Roof Rack Rails since this picture.
Sexy expedition!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett