Battery light came on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred Valdez

Reaction score
I'll check with a volt meter when I get home whether the battery is good and whether the alternator is charging it... I do notice that the idle hesitates somewhat (not sure it's related). Does anyone know if the voltage regulator has a fuse for it? didnt notice it in the manual.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll check with a volt meter when I get home whether the battery is good and whether the alternator is charging it... I do notice that the idle hesitates somewhat (not sure it's related). Does anyone know if the voltage regulator has a fuse for it? didnt notice it in the manual.

Basic stuff - but check your battery terminal connectors and battery terminals to ensure they are clean and tight.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fusible links are about the only "fuse" used on the charging circuit. Check your alternator output at the output stud and alternator case with the engine idling. Charging voltage is between 13.5-14.5 volts.

OP
OP
Fred Valdez

Fred Valdez

Reaction score
Well...didnt make it home as battery died and i had to be towed...so the easy solution was the alternator failed and my battery drained out...bought a reman and installed..runs like a champ now and what i thought earlier that i had a groaning sound which usually indicates powersteering was actually the alternator failing...so killed 2 birds with 1 stone with alternator replacement!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk