Best website to buy kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its not really the lift that makes you lose power, its usually the amount of rubber that eats most of the HP.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
buy a EDGE programmer!!!!!! especially the CS or if you can afford it the CTS... makes a world of difference... I have mine set at Level 2 for towing and yeah I can actually chirp my tires off the start... the 37s that is and still stock 3.73 gears... can only imagine what 4.88s and my edge are gonna do... if only I wasn't looking to buy a boat... but it gives the truck so much more power and cheaper than gears... going up hills it barely struggles and my 0-60mph is 10.3 seconds and 1/4 mile is 17.7 sec at 78mph... not too bad considering I only have K&N, throttle body spacer (whistle) and true duals w/ rear cats deleted and flowmaster 40s....

Just got the new JCWhitney catologe and they have a 3" BL for expy for like 189$

For rims either go with 16x8 or 16x10 and make sure u find ones for our bolt pattern 5x135...

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
buy a EDGE programmer!!!!!! especially the CS or if you can afford it the CTS... makes a world of difference... I have mine set at Level 2 for towing and yeah I can actually chirp my tires off the start... the 37s that is and still stock 3.73 gears... can only imagine what 4.88s and my edge are gonna do... if only I wasn't looking to buy a boat... but it gives the truck so much more power and cheaper than gears... going up hills it barely struggles and my 0-60mph is 10.3 seconds and 1/4 mile is 17.7 sec at 78mph... not too bad considering I only have K&N, throttle body spacer (whistle) and true duals w/ rear cats deleted and flowmaster 40s....

Just got the new JCWhitney catologe and they have a 3" BL for expy for like 189$

For rims either go with 16x8 or 16x10 and make sure u find ones for our bolt pattern 5x135...

whats the difference fron the cs and the cts??? ive asked the local speed shop... with deer in the headlights look

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
basically its 100-150 dollar difference and the CS is the Color Screen and the CTS is the Colot Touch Screen... the CTS is similar to a GPS with touch screen and has an input for a backup camera and the screen in 1.5 inches bigger but all the same features as CS the one I bought... when I bought mine at Jamboree I bought it from an edge rep and got it with tax for 350$.... best money I have spent on my truck...

it also can read CEL and clear them too... as well as 0-60mph and 1/4mile test.... for levels it is 0 - stock, 1 - Trans only, 2 - Towing, and 3 - Performance requires 91 or higher octane... I am running level 2... will also fix your speedo from bigger tires and if you change gears adjusts for them too..

Also can have max 8 different gauges... Engine coolant temp, Trans temp, cyclinder head temp, air intake temp, spark advance, throttle postion sensor, fuel %, what gear it is in and if torq convertor is lock and some other stuff I am forgetting o yeah and MPH.... duh... but it is awesome

Last edited:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks for the info... i ordered the cs today for $380 plus tax so in 10-13 bussiness days ill know how fast im really going.. lol hopefully this will do the trick till i have the time and cash to get the gears done

fiveohpoepoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeesh, the CS dominates my lil ole Superchips. Any difference in mpg? Even 1/2 mile would "justify" it more in my mind with calibrating speedo. My trip/odometer is reading less than I am actually putting on

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well mine went from 10mpg to 12.... I'm sure its also part due to speedo being right but the power increase is awesome and gas last longer when I stop doing the 0-60mph test....... I'm running level 2 (towing) and yeah i feel the difference.... just make sure when you install it to adjust it to the right tires and gears... I forgot gears at first and was like WTF then looked it over and fixed it and felt like a idiot for forgetting it.... still haven't tried level 3 due to needing higher octane and haven't ran tank down far enough to do it and waiting till I go on a trip not driving around town wasting 93 octane and level 3....

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
easy fix you know what you want done. let me know what your budget is. ill get you the right parts fo the right prices. you drive up here to new york. ill do the work. you just buy the beer. and hand me tools. i think im capable of dooing this. lmao. ven though i own a jeep.

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
road trip your a$$ right down here again. and help me get the bus ready to show. then we can both park with are systems going and see what retard we piss off first

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info... i ordered the cs today for $380 plus tax so in 10-13 bussiness days ill know how fast im really going.. lol hopefully this will do the trick till i have the time and cash to get the gears done

you get it yet? wondering if you have enjoyed it yet...:p:p

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edyk1986