Expy Ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abbie

Reaction score
IMG_0640.PNG We finally found a replacement for our '00 excursion. Family of 6, towing a toy hauler and boats etc. so we're ordering Monday a limited max, white platinum metallic color, stone grey interior, pano sunroof, driver assist pkg, voice activated nav, max trailer pkg, park assist, LED lights, 20" wheels, rear entertainment system, 2nd row bucket seats. Orders in by 8/9 get built 9/25 and we're told 6-8 weeks for delivery after the build date. We're excited as our trusty excursion was due for an update and I like the 'creature comforts' our excursion lacked. I'll attach our build sheet if anyone's interested, and post pics when it's built. We test drove the F150 with this same engine last night and boy is it awesome! That towing capacity for the F150 is 12500, so I'm expecting the expedition to perform great!

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 21193 We finally found a replacement for our '00 excursion. Family of 6, towing a toy hauler and boats etc. so we're ordering Monday a limited max, white platinum metallic color, stone grey interior, pano sunroof, driver assist pkg, voice activated nav, max trailer pkg, park assist, LED lights, 20" wheels, rear entertainment system, 2nd row bucket seats. Orders in by 8/9 get built 9/25 and we're told 6-8 weeks for delivery after the build date. We're excited as our trusty excursion was due for an update and I like the 'creature comforts' our excursion lacked. I'll attach our build sheet if anyone's interested, and post pics when it's built. We test drove the F150 with this same engine last night and boy is it awesome! That towing capacity for the F150 is 12500, so I'm expecting the expedition to perform great!

Congrats!! That puts delivery around Thanksgiving for you. The dealer invoice isn't far off of the MSRP, I was hoping for more wiggle room in negotiation but oh well. We are in a similar situation as yours, needing updating in a bad way. You're replacing a 17 year old expedition, what are your feelings on the life span of this new one?

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice truck. Idk if it matters but because you wrote it in the description,Be mindful that that your limited has the 22in with ccd.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the dealer "invoice" seems high compared to msrp. not to much to wiggle around
3 to 4k on the dealers end for profit..seems low. we shall see when they hit the lots
congrats on ordering a new stead
the excursion was an awesome suv, marketing never really got off the rear end.
the diesel version was getting over 20 mpg...but no one ever really knew and the eco nuts killed it

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the dealer "invoice" seems high compared to msrp. not to much to wiggle around
3 to 4k on the dealers end for profit..seems low. we shall see when they hit the lots
congrats on ordering a new stead
the excursion was an awesome suv, marketing never really got off the rear end.
the diesel version was getting over 20 mpg...but no one ever really knew and the eco nuts killed it

I wonder if it would be better to wait until they have some on the lot before buying... maybe there will be some Christmas incentives or something. Idk, I believe ordering now means you still can qualify for whatever sales incintives they have at the time of delivery but I may be wrong on that.

abbie

Reaction score
Congrats!! That puts delivery around Thanksgiving for you. The dealer invoice isn't far off of the MSRP, I was hoping for more wiggle room in negotiation but oh well. We are in a similar situation as yours, needing updating in a bad way. You're replacing a 17 year old expedition, what are your feelings on the life span of this new one?

abbie

Reaction score
My feeling on reliability is the limited is 375hp 470tq the plat is 400hp 480tq
The Lincoln Navigator same motor 450hp 500tq. So that being said there still room left in that little 3.5 v6 I'm going with the limited for one reason the 375hp with regular fuel the rest are high octane dependent. The 10 speed tranny was in the corvette in 2016 and the raptor. It survived and now is being thrown in everything ford owns. So for motor and tranny I'm confident. The rest and all the tech stuff. I'm scared to death. I'm buying as much warranty I can get!! Sad but I've had my excursion because it's tried and true and simple. All the money I spent to make it with tvs gps cameras air ride etc has always been a nightmare. Great when it works but crappy and expensive to fix. My 2 cents.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is our order confirmation

Attachments

• image2017-08-07-110348.pdf
    127.4 KB · Views: 29