Ford Expedition Factory Remote Start Anti-Theft Conflict

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rsl4evr

Reaction score
I was able to get them working!

Thanks to stamp11127 for the PDF on the remote start systems. I got under neath my steering wheel behind the dash. Found a remote start override button and was able to program both remote start fobs.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's hell getting old ExpeditionAndy. I just turned 60 and the aches and pains are crazy plus add being rear-ended in my Acura MDX recently. Might explain why I can hardly walk now.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hell getting old ExpeditionAndy. I just turned 60 and the aches and pains are crazy plus add being rear-ended in my Acura MDX recently. Might explain why I can hardly walk now.
I can relate. I'll be 60 in March. 50 didn't bother me but I think 60 is making me consider my own mortality more than I ever really ever thought about it. We lost at least 4 people from my high school graduating class this year, and that's not good. :( The good news is my mom lived to almost 88 and my dad is still alive and it good shape at 92 more so than some 70 year old guys I know. Maybe with luck it's in the genes.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can relate. I'll be 60 in March. 50 didn't bother me but I think 60 is making me consider my own mortality more than I ever really ever thought about it. We lost at least 4 people from my high school graduating class this year, and that's not good. :( The good news is my mom lived to almost 88 and my dad is still alive and it good shape at 92 more so than some 70 year old guys I know. Maybe with luck it's in the genes.

If your parents who grew up during the great depression and were in their middle age by the time medicine became somewhat modern live that long, you're pretty much genetically predisposed to hit 100 running...

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm with the dealer on this one. Another option might be to have a car alarm/stereo shop remove whats factory installed and install an aftermarket alternative, like Viper or similar. Costs likely will be similar and often dealerships farm this work out to a local shop anyway.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with the dealer on this one. Another option might be to have a car alarm/stereo shop remove whats factory installed and install an aftermarket alternative, like Viper or similar. Costs likely will be similar and often dealerships farm this work out to a local shop anyway.

"rsl4evr, post: 273260, member: 56698"]I was able to get them working!

Thanks to stamp11127 for the PDF on the remote start systems. I got under neath my steering wheel behind the dash. Found a remote start override button and was able to program both remote start fobs.

He didn't need the dealer he was able to get it working with Stamp's help.

OP
OP
R

rsl4evr

Reaction score
Glad I didn't go with the dealer. Amazing how a Ford tech can just happen to not know how to program remote start fobs. Incompetence or dishonesty? I'm thinking the latter.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad I didn't go with the dealer. Amazing how a Ford tech can just happen to not know how to program remote start fobs. Incompetence or dishonesty? I'm thinking the latter.
I tend to believe that most people are honest and many are just not informed. These vehicles are more complicated with computers, modules and subsystems, that if you aren't certified for each subsystem you may not know all of the quirks. Dealerships don't stay in business by ripping off their customers, but I think it also takes informed consent and the vehicle owner has to be able to accurately convey the issues the vehicle is experiencing or the steps to recreate them and many people just drive and can't explain very well. And sometimes, technicians hear but the don't understand or they can't convert what they hear into useful information.

Add to that the sheer magnitude of vehicle models and then throw in the years and all of the changes over the years and I think it's pretty amazing they can diagnose and figure things out at all.

Just my opinion if you know what I mean.

Kristamarie

Reaction score
I've read a few articles concerning your issue. It seems there may be a pats bypass module used in the remote start system that is having issues. I don't have wiring diagrams to verify this unfortunately.

Did the dealer give you an estimate on fixing it?

Although the link is for upto 2010 remote start programming, is this the procedure you followed?

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/ford_content/catalog/accessory_files/Ford Programming Instructions.pdf
The link no longer works. Any chance someone still has this pdf?