Hellppp please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulie1211

Reaction score
Hello I am hoping someone anyone will be able to give me some ideas what I can do. I went to uhaul tonight to get a trailer. The guy hooked it up and the turn signal was not working. He then decided to try messing with the fuses. Well long story short when I went to leave the truck started perfect, idled perfect but the moment I put it in drive and stepped on the gas it spit and sputtered like crazy. I was not able to move very fast at all, until it got up to about 30mph. I took it right back to him and he messed with the fuses again and said he didnt know what it was. :shrug: idk know what to do or even where to begin. I have never had any problems with the truck running bad. If you have any ideas as to what you think it might be it would be GREATLY appreciated! THANK you in advance :emotions36::insane:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since the problem started after the hookup at uhaul I would go back over what was done by them. Anytime someone says they have to mess with anything that is your clue to run like hell taking the truck with you. People that know what they are doing don't "mess" with their work.

If the turn signals worked before you took it in, he most likely shorted one side out blowing a fuse. If not the next item on the list to check is the multifunction switch.

Check all fuses - use your manual for fuse location and correct value. Use a test light to avoid having to pull all of the fuses and speed up the check.

Look at the quality of work performed. A good quality job will not be a noticeable addition. IE: nice and neat. Hack work can be seen from a mile away.

Where are you located in Tx, what year/generation expy and can you read wiring diagrams?

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

paulie1211

Reaction score
Im in Killeen Tx, and I have a 2000 expy. We went back through all of the fuses and they all seem fine. No blown ones or eroded oned. I can not read wire diagrams sorry. I called Uhaul and they are suppose to be having the gm call me back so that he can tell me what they are going to do about the situation. I have NEVER had any problems with my baby (expy) so im pretty aggravated. Thank you for your help!

B

bedrck46

It appears that something got disturbed when he was messing with the fuses. may be possible he moved a fuse and placed it in the wrong place or he may have disconnected something on the outside of the fuse box by mistake check around the area of the fuse box to see if you find anything. and then again it could be that something else went wrong at the same time he was messing with the fuses. Just making it seem as if U-Haul caused the problem.

Did they do any wiring to the rear connection or was it just a simple matter of the turn signal not working

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most problems turn out to be something stupid. If you would like a lesson on how to read the diagrams I'll be happy to teach wiring 101.

Am3gross

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So.... U hooked up a trailer, and the turn signal was not working..... I did that with my camper once, the connector I plugged into the plug was not making good contact. I wiggled the plug and it started working as it should... As far as the spitting and sputtering, again I assume with the trailer hooked up, is or has you expy pulled stuff before? Maybe she is just giving you attitude for the extra weight that she has gained? When was the last time you had a tune up?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I looked at the manual for my 99, it may be wired the same as your 01 with a few changes. There is really nothing that intersects with the operation of the engine except for one wire to the pcm dealing with the brake interlock.
If it is related to U-Haul's work there may be a vac line disconnected. As stated in an earlier reply have the codes read.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This same thing happened to a frend someone was working on his truck took out a fuse and put it back in the wrong place . the truck would not run. took it to ford they found the fuse missing,so look very closely at the fuse panel for this.