How many miles do you have on your Gen 1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsawyer1181

Reaction score
I'm right at 128k. Needs ball joints and the rear end whines. Runs like a Swiss watch. Needs a few things fixed but it's been good to me.

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 98 had 250k before it threw a rod

My 03 has 115k and I bought it after someone had already replaced a bad engine and now the transmission is grinding. Looks like it was used as a police car prior so it probably was beat up. Now it's my turn to beat it up :p

FlaCracker

Reaction score
337,000 on a 2000 XLT. I have had this one since new. 4.6 with 3.31 rear. It never pulls a trailer. Engine and Trans have never been apart. Change oil every 10K with Mobil1 and rear and trans every 50K with Mobil1. Change (all) plugs and coils and anti freeze every 100K. I put a new set of Michelin tires, upper control arms, lower ball joints, all tie rod ends and new shocks on it at 325K. Looking to keep it until it hits 400K.

Last edited:

ks10308

Reaction score
2000 XLT 4x4 4.6 141 K
-new suspension bridges
-new droveshaft (due to broken suspension bridges)
-New front end suspension
-EGR pipe driver side fixed
-Passenger exhaust manifold fixed
- new brakes & rotors front and back
-New michelin tires
-Relatively new alternator
-Tune up done not too long ago
-heater core fixed due to it leaking coolant
-relatively new f & r shocks

thats really about all the majot work. Tranny slips just a little between 3&4 gear and shifts a little hard between 1&2, but Fords are known to have bad transmissions that usually live for 175K miles max

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Mjcotroneo

Reaction score
Got. Mine a year ago with 128k and just rolled over 140k 1998 eb 4x4 with the original 5.4 and 4r100. Considering I have my own shop and work in all of my own stuff everything is maintenanced on time. Just changed every fluid over to Amsoil and have never been happier. Looking at adding a turbo soon. Even if it does blow it I'll just build another one lol. Same thing I do to all of my ls vehicles. Only difference is apparently these mod engines can't take very much boost.

Autumnstang97

Reaction score
Hey guys!
This is my first post!
I have a 2002 Expedition XLT 2WD 4.6L.
I have owned it since 2008. Bought it with 71,223 miles.
It currently has 138,601 miles. I have only replaced the battery and starter, as well has regular oil changes every 5,500 miles with Ford Motorcraft 5W-20. Runs great.
This is my daily driver and have driven from Nor-Cal to San Diego 4+ trips, as well as to Reno and Lake Tahoe. Love this SUV.

I look forward to meeting Expedition enthusiasts!

Expy Gurl

Reaction score
First post, first Ford, first expy.
I have '98 5.4 XLT. I bought her just over a year ago with close to 160k. She is now pushing 190k. I have replaced the head gasket (thank gawd I live close to Mexico), alternator, and am about to replace my exhaust next week w a magnaflow system. Next up is new tires and rims and then onto the lift. I have grown very fond of my first Ford /expy. She runs like a champ and I will continue to do what I have to to make sure she stays in tip top shape. I have learned so much from her.

ks10308

Reaction score
I have almost 128,700 miles on mine I just got it and it runs great. I have 5.4 idk the trans with 4X4.

100_4462-600_zps8a92018f.jpg

wow 128K is still relatively new for that car