Leveling Kit...dumb question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is a warning to the members who have replied to this post.

The forum rules have not been followed on previous posts in this thread. I have deleted them from public view. Attacks on members is not allowed. If you fell you need to do that, start a conversation and take it private.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score

That is gorgeous. Yes, the new Expedition is still truckly enough for me...and I’m coming from a triple locked lifted land cruiser with body armor and a snorkel so I am hard to please when it comes to capable trucks. Lift your 2018 spoiledwife and post pics to silence the hate!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Spoiledhappywife

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is gorgeous. Yes, the new Expedition is still truckly enough for me...and I’m coming from a triple locked lifted land cruiser with body armor and a snorkel so I am hard to please when it comes to capable trucks. Lift your 2018 spoiledwife and post pics to silence the hate!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m trying to find after market companies that has parts and is reputable. I’m still planning on it. . We have had complete chaos lately, so my research took a back seat. But you bet I’ll be pursuing it.

We bought a UTV so we have been taking it out to high country when we aren’t at the hospital. .

Vehicles are meant to be enjoyed and personalized. It’s funny my Expedition has more miles than our 5.0.

Randy_270

Reaction score
Spoiledhappywife, how much money are you willing to spend? I've spent lots of time researching ways to lift the 2018 Expeditions. My wife and are planning to do a major house renovation next year or ours would be getting a custom set of King coilovers front and rear. Most of my information is off research with no real proof so I'd say I'm 99% sure its correct. The only difference between the 07-13 suspension and the 14-17s is the bottom mount of the front coil overs. And I have not been able to find any differences from the 14-17s to the 18s. I've looked for any information from ford press releases of whats been changed and I've even searched part numbers.

I'm not a fan of spacers because they lose suspension travel, and I don't trust them because my Expedition is no pavement princess, but if thats the route you're going, the 3/2 spacer sets that fit the previous models, still fit the 2018s.

I took a look at Rancho's leveling kit for the 07-13 Expeditions and found out extended and collapsed lengths of the shocks they offer. I found the Bilstein's below that have the correct lower mount for the 14-18 Expeditions and have a matched extended and collapsed lengths from the Rancho's. They are from a 2wd 2015+ F150 and they are adjustable so you can lift your Expedition without needing a spacer. I found a thread on this form from a member that put the 4wd F150 variants of the Bilstein 5100s on his Expedition, he said that they are 1" longer then the Expedition shocks at the 0" lift mark. These 2wd Bilsteins below are 1" shorter then the 4wd variant, so there should be no suspension travel loss.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/Suspens...h1OBQdzEAQYASABEgKZN_D_BwE#overview_Container

As for the rears, from the part numbers I could find, nothing has changed other then the coil spring capacity. The only quality rear shocks I can find are the Bilstein 4600 series that fit the 07-13s should still fit all the Expedtions up to 2018. But they wont provide any lift, so you still need a spacer if you want to lift.

So there you go. You have a cheap spacer option or a mid-level option. And if you got tons of money to burn, you can get a custom setup like I plan to eventually.

Any questions, or if I missed something, let me know.

Randy_270

Reaction score
Depends on what options you want. The base 2.5" coilover with reservoir that are OEM replacement for the F150s are about $1500US so for front and rear with custom lengths for the Expedition, I'd venture to guess you'd be around $4000US.

OP
OP
Spoiledhappywife

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Spoiledhappywife, how much money are you willing to spend? I've spent lots of time researching ways to lift the 2018 Expeditions. My wife and are planning to do a major house renovation next year or ours would be getting a custom set of King coilovers front and rear. Most of my information is off research with no real proof so I'd say I'm 99% sure its correct. The only difference between the 07-13 suspension and the 14-17s is the bottom mount of the front coil overs. And I have not been able to find any differences from the 14-17s to the 18s. I've looked for any information from ford press releases of whats been changed and I've even searched part numbers.

I'm not a fan of spacers because they lose suspension travel, and I don't trust them because my Expedition is no pavement princess, but if thats the route you're going, the 3/2 spacer sets that fit the previous models, still fit the 2018s.

I took a look at Rancho's leveling kit for the 07-13 Expeditions and found out extended and collapsed lengths of the shocks they offer. I found the Bilstein's below that have the correct lower mount for the 14-18 Expeditions and have a matched extended and collapsed lengths from the Rancho's. They are from a 2wd 2015+ F150 and they are adjustable so you can lift your Expedition without needing a spacer. I found a thread on this form from a member that put the 4wd F150 variants of the Bilstein 5100s on his Expedition, he said that they are 1" longer then the Expedition shocks at the 0" lift mark. These 2wd Bilsteins below are 1" shorter then the 4wd variant, so there should be no suspension travel loss.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/Suspens...h1OBQdzEAQYASABEgKZN_D_BwE#overview_Container

As for the rears, from the part numbers I could find, nothing has changed other then the coil spring capacity. The only quality rear shocks I can find are the Bilstein 4600 series that fit the 07-13s should still fit all the Expedtions up to 2018. But they wont provide any lift, so you still need a spacer if you want to lift.

So there you go. You have a cheap spacer option or a mid-level option. And if you got tons of money to burn, you can get a custom setup like I plan to eventually.

Any questions, or if I missed something, let me know.

Well fantastic timing, my birthday is this week, so going to suggest this to hubby. I’ll swing by my Lincoln dealer today and see if they will Overlook any mods